fire cement stuff

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

church

anyone ever used vitcas products ?, what is like to use backing and finish coat please .

i remembering it coming up a while back mate and i went for a look at the stuff on their site...
didnt relise there was a finish coat to be honest, i got the impression it was more like one coat plaster i.e. get it on, rule it off, let if go then sponge it back to life and trowel the fat up..
:RpS_confused:

they call it "screed" which you towel on at 5mm no ruleing then live it for a few days then put the top coat on , i mine 5mm straight on brickwork its never going to be flat .

long as you can bung another 5mm on few days later it should work very much like scratch coat / float coat no?
just bung it on mate and follw the idiot guide on the bag.... be alright when its papered... :RpS_biggrin:

the stuffs horrible to work with but as boys have said.....slap it on...although i rule when using their backing fire render...and it will drag in places due to large volcanic bits in it...leave for a good few days then apply finish coat by vitcas....which i might add is just as bloody expensive......apply by trowel , sponge flatten then rub up ...u can get a decent finish with it but as i said bit crappy to work with....and very expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.