Fire board or not required?

Members online

Fozzie100

Hello, I am ordering the board for a kitchen extension with bedroom above. Question is do I need to fire board the entire ceiling, just the beams or can I just use 12.5mm standard boards To comply with building regs. The beams will not dip below the ceiling line. Picture below. Advice appreciated.

thx

Attachments

• 7FB6645F-4D55-4911-ADF4-A5FAE3722612.jpeg
    7FB6645F-4D55-4911-ADF4-A5FAE3722612.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 442
Hello, I am ordering the board for a kitchen extension with bedroom above. Question is do I need to fire board the entire ceiling, just the beams or can I just use 12.5mm standard boards To comply with building regs. The beams will not dip below the ceiling line. Picture below. Advice appreciated.

thx
If you have extended in to what was a garage you may have to fire board or double board.

They should have different regs for houses. I understand in a block of flats it might make a difference getting another 30 minutes before fire spreads to another floor. Unless like Grenfell they tell you to stay inside!!!!
thought you have to double board em anyway?

I think its just a kitchen extension,there's no say whatsoever of it being extended into a garage hahaha..by the way good luck in boarding ceiling whoevers put them joists in wants putting down as they havnt made it easy for whoever boarding ull need to counter batten them as they don't line up..just go with what I said its the right answear

I think its just a kitchen extension,there's no say whatsoever of it being extended into a garage hahaha..by the way good luck in boarding ceiling whoevers put them joists in wants putting down as they havnt made it easy for whoever boarding ull need to counter batten them as they don't line up..just go with what I said its the right answear
Chippys lives don’t matter. Lol

Why on earth is every question complicated on here!? To the guy posting put white up single skin everywhere apart from the run of the beam put fire board up full sheets to make it easier,thats it,its that simple
But incorrect, you’re simple