finishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mate is a spread pop round to see me today
got a window cleaning blade in his van
asked him what it was for he said final trowel
would not tell me how to use it any ideas:RpS_confused:

Most probably uses it to clean all the gypsum dust from his van windows mate.
He probably mixes up in yogurt pots to.

he must be great if he's using a window cleaners blade for his skimming, top stuff! oh and i can safely say i'd put at least 2/3 of the lads on here against him and be pretty comfortable they'd teach him a thing or two

If using a window blade to finnish his walls works for him fair play.But if he taught you all he knows why did he not teach you how to use the window blade?
Now just think back to the last time u watched a window cleaner using one and what he did with it pulling it across the glass to remove excess water,just pull it acroos your walls the same it not rocket science pal.
Also the window blade thing your talking about could most probably be a s*p*r*lex spatula mate at a guess ;)

steel trowel will always bring the moisture to the surface a plastic one wnt, i only use a plastic trowel for troweling up but it cuts and hour off my finishing time as it just leaves the same surface on show to keep drying out, takes a while to get used to but works a treat, used mine today on an artex ceilin overskim

Fcuk using a trowel they are too small,
use a 6 foot feather edge to flatten like Kirky boy does:RpS_thumbup:

steel trowel will always bring the moisture to the surface a plastic one wnt, i only use a plastic trowel for troweling up but it cuts and hour off my finishing time as it just leaves the same surface on show to keep drying out, takes a while to get used to but works a treat, used mine today on an artex ceilin overskim

why doesn't a plastic trowel bring the moisture to the surface?

not 100% sure to be honest i just know i use it as my elbows knackerd and i find i dnt have to put as much pressure on the surface and it doesnt bring any fat up either so i spose that could be why, instead of bringing the fat up it just polishes the already drying surface that you have made. works for me anyway

fck me i heard it all now what ever next ,sponges plastic trowels,used to work with guy once he'd stand on your beer crate with one leg
with pint beer on is head and snooker cue in one hand is name was beer tricks potter ,wax on wax of:RpS_lol:

In the states they use squeegee trowels to finish tight coat drywall stuff could be very good you ought to try it

and what a plastic trowel on a artex ceilin?? two coats of plaster over it and a trowel up its not an artex ceilin anymore is it so giveing it a final finish with a plastic trowel is fine, always works perfectly for me

no just for trowleing up i used to use it for the entire trowleing process but i only use it for final trowel and cross now:RpS_wink:

oh right. was gonna say all trowels with a plastic, especially over artex. cant see it taking the texture out

Does anyone use a steel for finishing nowadays or is it just me?

Been doing refurbs lately, fuckabouty bathrooms and kitchens, could be doing wi speeding up the big areas so as i have more time on the shitty wee bits??.

Works work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.