finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
landed on a job today extension top of the gable is going to be renderd then its got this gritty finsh over the top thats been dragged across the render sideways its cream in coulor dont think its alpine was thinkin more of an acrylic just wondering could it be this its thicker in some places than othrs but it looks very gritty cheers will it need priming also onto new render thanks

this is cream in coulor render and some of the grit is a bit more proud than the rest what im sayin is its been dragged along sideways just like you do with alpine finsh if i use a wooden float will this roughly get the same texture also can you getb alpine in diff coulors i used some years ago but that was just white thanks

sto do a texture called( stolit r} dont get it confused with there normal texture WHICH IS (STOLIT K) your supposed to finish this using your float in a figure of eight but i am sure you could drag your float horizontaly and get that effect and it comes in a variation of colours

kevmc said:
sto do a texture called( stolit r} dont get it confused with there normal texture WHICH IS (STOLIT K) your supposed to finish this using your float in a figure of eight but i am sure you could drag your float horizontaly and get that effect and it comes in a variation of colours

Sounds about right pal because i matched a stolit r using a dryvit finish called quartzputz that usually looks the same as stolit r but when you drag it rather than circular motion it leaves the alpine finish
or you could use marmorit's "rolls" this does exactly what you are after hence the name rolls

plaster is it done with a wooden float or plastic also i will have to get webers alpine finish its only a domestic job an these bacon head builders wont listen to anythin they are nobs

for the rolls I personally used a heavy plastic trowel like clear perspex 14" and very rigid rather than the usual plastic trowel float used for textured acrylic. but this was down to my own thinking at the time. I would expect that you could use either. I was actually tempted to used the long poly darby float but now were going inside my experimental brain so just crack on with whatever you like.

tell the bacon heads what they want to hear. then do as you know best with what you want to use they wont give a flying when all finished

Status
Not open for further replies.