Finish on render??

Members online

Grant867

Hi all,

I’ve had my house rendered. Wanted a smooth finish but it looks like this? Is this normal?

Thanks

Attachments

• 13E7409C-3003-4250-9624-397869AADB22.jpeg
    13E7409C-3003-4250-9624-397869AADB22.jpeg
    1,000 KB · Views: 420
  • DFA6269D-0AA8-4D68-817E-674DA2F79B31.jpeg
    DFA6269D-0AA8-4D68-817E-674DA2F79B31.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 453
Its mostly smooth finish, slightly scratched. Size of particles in render can somewhat dictates a finish...

There’s also slight hairline cracks up the top of the house, when tapped sound hollow... likely to blow soon?

As Arti says, rubbed up on the wet side. But its Autumn.

If the render is stiffening up but not drying it will be different to rubbing up and the surface is drying. Also it could be a course sand which will drag the aggregate.

The crack could be a sag. The water is still there and it sags under its own weight.

You could smooth it off with a carborundum stone. If you wanted it flat and smooth like plaster you would have been complaining about crazes all over.

What exactly were you expecting?
It looks fine to me.
Paint it with a masonry paint......it’ll look fabulous.
Or did you expect us all to slag it off and give you ammunition to aggravate a probably hard working family man just trying to make a living?

What exactly were you expecting?
It looks fine to me.
Paint it with a masonry paint......it’ll look fabulous.
Or did you expect us all to slag it off and give you ammunition to aggravate a probably hard working family man just trying to make a living?

I expected a smooth finish render. But before raising it with the guy I wanted some opinions from people in the trade. I assume you’re not the latter so therefore your comments are a load of... yeah. It’s already been painted with 3 coats... anything else you’d like to unconstructively add? If not go back into your opinionated hole.

P

I expected a smooth finish render. But before raising it with the guy I wanted some opinions from people in the trade. I assume you’re not the latter so therefore your comments are a load of... yeah. It’s already been painted with 3 coats... anything else you’d like to unconstructively add? If not go back into your opinionated hole.
I think the problem here is that people think that a 'smooth' render will have a finish like a smooth internal wall. Personally I always refer to this type of rendering as 'plain faced'.

P

I think the problem here is that people think that a 'smooth' render will have a finish like a smooth internal wall. Personally I always refer to this type of rendering as 'plain faced'.
Yes I wanted to know if I was expecting something out of the norm and this is ok. I’m getting mixed responses to be honest, the guy is a good bloke so I’ll chat with him see what he suggests.

Yes I wanted to know if I was expecting something out of the norm and this is ok. I’m getting mixed responses to be honest, the guy is a good bloke so I’ll chat with him see what he suggests.
To be honest it's really difficult to get an overview from the pictures, but what I would say is that rendering is using natural products in varying conditions and sometimes the finish may not be quite as good in poor conditions as it would be in ideal conditions.

If its been painted. And its got lines and looks crap im sure the spread will do somthing maybe knock some money off . Trouble is now you've got yourself all worked up . Keep calm ge t him round have a cup of tea and chat. And if won't reduce the price .knock f..ck out of him.

If its been painted. And its got lines and looks crap im sure the spread will do somthing maybe knock some money off . Trouble is now you've got yourself all worked up . Keep calm ge t him round have a cup of tea and chat. And if won't reduce the price .knock f..ck out of him.

Haha. I’m not worked up just like a job done as expected when paid 000s. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable raising it with him, especially when the render up the top of house is hollow. Thanks for all the responses.

Haha. I’m not worked up just like a job done as expected when paid 000s. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable raising it with him, especially when the render up the top of house is hollow. Thanks for all the responses.
To be honest I completely forgot about the cracks and hollowness. That definitely would be a concern for me.

Ok thanks. The other 10 people saying it’s been sponged too early? I’ve seen plenty of render jobs without lines everywhere.

give it a f**k**g rest
why do you all entertain this guy? give him ammunition to slate his tradesman for a perfectly acceptable job. Stop siding with these nonce customers looking for any excuse not to pay up. Makes my blood boil

wtf honestly? :muyenojado:

i dont post pictures on here ,as you guys are the best of the best ,well the ones that never post a picture are

Its easy to criticise but with all the will in the world conditions dictate the outcome.

In perfect conditions I can get Parmurex nice and almost smooth. But in the wrong conditions it will end up scoured. Unless I am prepared to have heaters, lighting and 16 hour shifts. But then will the customer pay for the extra time and equipment needed?