Finish on pre-frabricated concrete

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Hi been asked to price for spray finish on a lot of prefabricated concrete in a school. Whats the normal spec here? we only have the bill of quatities and it very vague.

Im thinking its either mp75 or thistle spray finish with the conrete primed with Bond-it.

Any thoughts from guys that have done this sort of stuff before.

Thanks

I was on a job a few years back and the concrete staircase's were sprayed with a white plaster not sure what i was might of been mp75 but it didnt make the grade as they all had to be hacked off and redone with bond-it, bonding and skim as it was too soft.

Hi been asked to price for spray finish on a lot of prefabricated concrete in a school. Whats the normal spec here? we only have the bill of quatities and it very vague.

Im thinking its either mp75 or thistle spray finish with the conrete primed with Bond-it.

Any thoughts from guys that have done this sort of stuff before.

Thanks
Could be knauf ready mix spray finish or a usg product

Could be knauf ready mix spray finish or a usg product

Thats what they call airless right? Sorted out a site visit so will find out exactly what they are after.

Can the ritmo do the knauf stuff? sure i saw a bag braker and squasher addon ???

I'd ignore all that knauf shite and use the methods you know it looks like they all do the same
It depends on if they want an undercoat concretes usually pretty good if they want a backing coat use mp75 and get in on tight as fook

Thanks spunky does my head in sometimes I know what is best but your forced to do a shite way. If the prefab is bad ill mp75 if it sweet ill bond-it and skim!

No you finish mp75 it's one coat, like you said do a site visit and see how straight the Walls are

Thanks all

I understand that mp75 is finished product its just thats its specified as a back coat sometimes

Yer I know you ant mate, no worries :RpS_thumbsup:

Wasnt looking for price info just trying to not leave a thread unfinished

Fair play it must be awkward if it's a big job and you go by float and set rates fair play but if you can't keep up and get another gang on machines the lads pricing float and set can get as many gangs in as they want and keep up unless you can get someone else in with a machine of course

Status
Not open for further replies.