Finish not smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkaf

I have had a plasterer in to do a fair bit of work and the finish is not what I was expecting. I don't want to complain if this is as good as it can be though. There are bumps where the plaster has dripped, it is rough around sockets and switches and I can see the shape of the metal beading. Is this right, and will paint cover it as my plasterer is telling me?

Sounds a bit rough to me, have you paid him yet.Drips of plaster should be cleaned up as he goes along and the only part of the corner bead visable should be the apex.Around sockets and switches can be fiddly but they shouldnt be that bad that catch your eye.Then again if it was me that did your plastering
then it sounds a quality job and you should bung me extra.
Stripey

if the drips are only water mark drips it will be covered when you paint. i would say to get some emoulshion and give it a couple of coats before you put the coloured paint you want for your walls.

you shouldnt be able to see the outline of the anglebeads the only part of the anglebead you will see is the extreem angle part if you know what i mean.

if you have called the plasterer and told him about the poor finish around sockets hopefully he will come around and rectify his work ( i would anyway) if you dont see him again, around the sockets if its trowel marks sticking up then lightly sand them down if the marks are large indentations in the plaster then polyfill and sand down to a smooth finish.

hope this hellps.

Status
Not open for further replies.