Fine balance with the Ritmo

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy M

We usually use the G4 when weve a few elevations to spray,but pull the Ritmo in for smaller jobs.
Anyway,Ive only used the Ritmo a handfull of times and when were happy with the material consistency we then connect the pre-wet hose and have the machine set to speed 8 or 9 . Everything is fine for a short time before the amps go up and the machine runs intermittently.
Do you have to spray wetter with these pumps or is there another problem?
Oh its a Ritmo M 240 v
Thanks in advance.

I think its something I am doing wrong Keith, its a great little machine though and I can lug it off the van by myself. Your right though Keith, the G4 is a good machine.

We run at speed 10 for any render. Only time we have issues like u said is when

we over tighten the clamp able rotor stator

the mixing shaft is dirty

We have bridged on start up

We run at speed 10 for any render. Only time we have issues like u said is when

we over tighten the clamp able rotor stator

the mixing shaft is dirty

We have bridged on start up
Sorry to jump on the thread Steve ,who is our nearest supplier for Parex mate ,thanks

None of those Steve, new mixing shaft,Rotor covered with 1 inch water and introducing powder slowly on start up,sorry ,standard b15 (not clamped r/s) and not bridged. I can only think the material (Monorex) is too stiff for the pump and could do to know the settings.
Oh and Keith,stop hijacking my thread lol.

Andy you want to put just enough water in to cover the top of the rotor head, you want to start water off just over 300, does the machine keep tripping, and is the air tube in the spray gun clear

The machine doesnt trip Stu, it kind of goes into limp mode with the motor going off and on.
we have had to turn down to speed 7 to get consistent running.I think the water was t low on start up also.

We spray alot of monorex through the ritmo, speed 10 and water between 260-270, the machine will run 10/11 bar. keep every thing clean especially the air tip.

The machine doesnt trip Stu, it kind of goes into limp mode with the motor going off and on.
we have had to turn down to speed 7 to get consistent running.I think the water was t low on start up also.

Well we have been spraying monorex today and we set up as normal.was on speed 9 water 170 which seems nice.put the hose on then it cut the machine out!! 10 mins later all was well and we were away.

The airline in the gun has been blocking up a fair bit which cuts the machine out as we know.
I may try a long drill bit in a cordless just to bore it out as ive used the cleaning tool loads.

@bobby what back pressure did you have? The only time we have seen water that low is when the stator was in desperate need of a nip up.

Last edited by a moderator:
No weve been running off the mains Stu up to now with good pressure 3.5 bar. It could have been somebody inside using water when we were spraying even though we told them not to.

@bobby what back pressure did you have? The only time we have seen water that low is when the stator was in desperate need of a nip up.

10 mate.tbh we have allways sprayed under 200.the gear is defo not stiff.thought it was strange but just crack on with it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuisance that air hole blocking up on the gun. I have another gun on standby, had that happen too often.

Very rare for us to spray over 200 at speed 8-9. Always check the r&s and try and keep it about 10 bar. Has been 15 lately though through other spread giving it another half a turn for good luck.

Thats with Kilsaran, W, ocr, Envirowall.

andy is the water feed going into the top water inlet on the mixing zone. and is the machine running when you slowly introduce the material?

None of those Steve, new mixing shaft,Rotor covered with 1 inch water and introducing powder slowly on start up,sorry ,standard b15 (not clamped r/s) and not bridged. I can only think the material (Monorex) is too stiff for the pump and could do to know the settings.
Oh and Keith,stop hijacking my thread lol.
:RpS_blushing:sorry curry only pops in now and then

I don't bother with the pump test, if i find the gear is needing less water, it's either the bags are a little older or the r/s is slipping and the stator bolts need a quarter turn to bring it back to normal. We lowered the water down to 250 the other day to bulk out over some rough hacked off brick, pressure hit 15 bar, thats as low as id like to go on the water.

Ian the machine only starts when weve a quarter of a bag in,and the water is to the top inlet on the rubber mixing zone.
No worries Keith, just kidding like.

Try using the water pump aswell. Maybe the pressure was dropping slightly making a stiffer mix. The intermittent could be pressure dropping and building up. Also the water for priming the machine should be just over the rotor by 10 mm. Not an inch. Unless i misinterpreted that bit

Ian the machine only starts when weve a quarter of a bag in,and the water is to the top inlet on the rubber mixing zone.
No worries Keith, just kidding like.

That sounds like far to much water to me and material to me.

We do this

Water to back of r/s cup.

Sprinkle material in to side of hopper until just over the mixing chamber is full.

Run machine for a few seconds until render flows then stop.

Sprinkle more material until mixing shaft totally covered.

Run the machine and check consistency.

Put hose and gun on and run a bag through in to a bucket.

Pass gun up the scaffold and spray

Sorry, the water connection is to the top inlet,not the water level . The water covers the Rotor by a small amount before we add the powder and we then get the consistency we are happy with.
Once we have done this, we connect the pre wet hose and spray into the tub for a few seconds before moving on to the wall. the speed gets turned up to 8 and then the machine amps rise and it stops/starts ,but then behaves if we then reduce the speed to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.