finding on site work?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bane

I recently finished a two year course in plastering and have been job seeking for a while now. just wondering exactly how to get on site work?

cant seem to find any agencies on the web as the ammount of garbage that comes up. There never seems to be work on the job centre site. it's really irritating me as im 27 and finally found something i love doing. I dont care if its minimum wage to start off and or working as a labourer....just cant find anything.

Colleges teach you how to do the work but not how to get it:RpS_cursing:

if someone could give me a few pointers i would really appreciate it.

cheers

matt

aaah, stalybridge buffet bar, what a weird place that is. you didnt do a living room ceiling n a kitchen ceiling overskim in a house in audenshaw last year did you?

nope didnt do any last year as finished course in august this year. did a full house last week with another lad from college due to some polish guy that did a botched job. he did 5 rooms for £420...was a nice earner but these jobs are few and far between.

getting to the point where im looking at other work and plastering on weekends. I want to be a plasterer full time though i love it so much!

nope didnt do any last year as finished course in august this year. did a full house last week with another lad from college due to some polish guy that did a botched job. he did 5 rooms for £420...was a nice earner but these jobs are few and far between.

getting to the point where im looking at other work and plastering on weekends. I want to be a plasterer full time though i love it so much!

ohwhat i would give to feel like that again

Alright Matt,

I was offered a job 3 weeks ago in Manchester couldn't take it on cos of a hand injury, I know he had a lad or a few of them on there but a lot of the lads who subby from him were knocking it back cos of the travelling, The bloke you want to talk to is called Gav 07900007711 runs a firm called S.P.S. He's based in sheffield like but if he's got a job over there you can get on it might be worth a call.. I've been all over doing odd bits for him, prices aren't brilliant (£2 a square) but he's a decent lad. owt's worth a go when you've got nowt pal!

If nowt comes of it mate take some agency stuff, get talking to people, get your foot in the door with as many of the contractors as you can, nowt stopping you going round building sites and asking who's got the plastering get some phone numbers, pester people man. theres work out there going to s**t ***** and people like you who want it going without.. keep your chin up, if you've got the attitude that you love it and you want to graft you won't go far wrong. good look man

Pottsy

Probably the same as they teach you on a course but with more theory then when they leave they go ......errrrr ......can you teach me how to plaster mister but I don't want to do any labouring is that alright?........I can plaster mind im s**t hot but can you just teach me a bit

Probably the same as they teach you on a course but with more theory then when they leave they go ......errrrr ......can you teach me how to plaster mister but I don't want to do any labouring is that alright?........I can plaster mind im s**t hot but can you just teach me a bit

100% true they gave my bro a plasterer of the year award with trowel and hawk in a nice box. Didnt teach him **** all he bunked of and went fishing or went to the pub after leaving early coz he had done his 3m2 board in 20 min with some real dirty water!

i had a college lad and he was really s**t. and he was suppossedly one of the best in his class. they get 6x3bays with lids, and have to float with lime and sand and they get all day to skim the plasterboard bays.

My mates teaching in college he reckons out of the whole class maybe 2 are there because they want to be plasterers the rest are there because they've got too and they don't give a ****

yeah it was good liked doing the fibrous and the external s+c moulds pegg and stagg were the heads of the plastering

Don't think they even get tought how to float it's all lime and doesn't go off so they can re use the walls it completely defeats the object

its cause they cant afford hardwall and you do get to set what you floated and you get taught fibrous and external running i even did acrylic render

Status
Not open for further replies.