filzomat or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just bought one of the eibenstock ones, been using it for scraping down k-rend - there're s**t hot.
not used any of the sponge disks yet though

yeah mate i'm well happy with it. It took 2 hours off a 70 bag scrape down! They've got a slowish speed motor so you can't do much damage if if you accidently dig in.
It's good to get the surface off so you can finish it with the hand scrapers, gets it pretty flat too - its been to hard to I section.

how well do the scrapers last?

did u still need to i section after?

would u use it if the gear was soft?

I recon the scrapers will last a month or so (depending how hard it is) but you can buy replacement ones, I think they're about 3 or 4 quid each - the disk takes 5.
We did try to put the I section over it but it was screeching like fook and had little effect but it still looked ok even with the sun down it
No I wouldn't use it if it was soft there would be no point, The I section would be quicker

I want to try floating up marmorit with it. Has any one any experience with that. Spunky, you? was that your you tube clip with the filz o mat?

I've been using the nail float attachment. I've seen the angled steel attachment, but I didn't know what it was for. I thought it was for trowelling or something. Is it worth getting one of those?
And is an orange sponge all you need, no floating disk?

i use the blue or white ones, the orange is ok aswell if its a bit drier. the nail floats are over 50 bucks a flik the sponges are about a tenner depending what one

Got mine today off PFT Northern. Lighter than what I thought it would be. Thinking it might be easier on ocr with an overnight scrape at this time of year. surprised to see a plastic float in there.

Next gadget a cut master or AV3000

Got mine today off PFT Northern. Lighter than what I thought it would be. Thinking it might be easier on ocr with an overnight scrape at this time of year. surprised to see a plastic float in there.

Next gadget a cut master or AV3000
Did you try it out? Are you pleased with it?

Not yet Wezly. Might be great or a great disappointment. It will be fine on some materials and not on others but I will have to wait and see. No flat render now till next month.

A lot cheaper than new. This is like new but a secondhand one. Someone sold Les his job lot because of failing health.

That might be me if this elbow doesn't heal.
As I was paying my money over when the Rokamat rep was ringing to sell me one. But hopefully this will make some jobs that bit easier .

The float attachment I was thinking of velcro-ing some pads on for rasping back polystyrene boards with?

Last edited:
If anyone needs a rokamat chameleon I have a 110v with back pack hoover sanding discs and mono scraping pads 650+vat. I seem to use the 240v more, takes the top off mono when it's gone to far a treat.

If anyone needs a rokamat chameleon I have a 110v with back pack hoover sanding discs and mono scraping pads 650+vat. I seem to use the 240v more, takes the top off mono when it's gone to far a treat.

Am I right in thinking that this has a Hoover for drywall sanding, but also does scrapping renders and sponging with a water supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.