Would love to be able to do something like that so much skill

Attachments

• 20161110_103201.jpg
    20161110_103201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 284
  • 20161110_140441.jpg
    20161110_140441.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 317
Anybody doing a full apprenticeship with the 3rd year advanced craft or called some other b*ll***s these days should know/be able to do this kind of work

Anybody doing a full apprenticeship with the 3rd year advanced craft or called some other b*ll***s these days should know/be able to do this kind of work
My second week working as a labourer, We had a restoration job replacing enrichment details on the outside of a shop in Cheltenham - mainly freehand mouldings. Walked past that shop for years laffing at my effort...looked less like a fleur de Lis and more like a fleur de turd

i spent the first year of my apprenticeship knocking this stuff down. very unpopular in the 60s.

Is he busy with it I've heard you can earn some serious money doing it
Well it's a nice skill to have never went to college learnt the hard way with other spreads never had chance to have a go.
Well it's a nice skill to have never went to college learnt the hard way with other spreads never had chance to have a go.
Don't myther yourself about that. Buy a book called...wait for it...Plastering by J B Taylor (I bought it 20 odd years ago), it's a brill A-Z of all plastering solid & fibrous work. Read it then read it again - and I fills a huge understanding gap of the craft. The render section is the dogs - it has stuff like; Depeter, Sgraffito, Reticulated & Vermiculated patterns. If you only learn one thing this week, Its buy that book

Don't myther yourself about that. Buy a book called...wait for it...Plastering by J B Taylor (I bought it 20 odd years ago), it's a brill A-Z of all plastering solid & fibrous work. Read it then read it again - and I fills a huge understanding gap of the craft. The render section is the dogs - it has stuff like; Depeter, Sgraffito, Reticulated & Vermiculated patterns. If you only learn one thing this week, Its buy that book
Get yourself on youtube and watch some stuff a chap by the name of RWF and some numbers goes by you will love it and learn a lot :popcorn:

Haha tight arses up your way vince??
The job I'm on he's been in all day and never got offered one cup of tea
I had a dead fat woman who sat reading a book on her kindle for two days straight, I never saw her move and never got a single coffee

I had a dead fat woman who sat reading a book on her kindle for two days straight, I never saw her move and never got a single coffee
I can't get over that when a customer does it its a pet hate it's worse when they make food right in front of you and not offer you anything.

I can't get over that when a customer does it its a pet hate it's worse when they make food right in front of you and not offer you anything.
I got offered sunday dinner a few weeks ago when I was at a house on a sunday, I didnt take them up on it but thought it was nice

I got offered sunday dinner a few weeks ago when I was at a house on a sunday, I didnt take them up on it but thought it was nice
I've had some great meals of customers don't get me wrong I had a fresh cooked home meal everyday for a week off some guy:) had takeaways and things too .

A
Yep, that's something I have to think about twice now. A family asked if I wanted some dinner as I was working late at their - it was a really yum smelly peanut curry, when I sat at the table there were no plates just a big 'sharing bowl' in the middle of the table...yuk

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Off a guy...what were the 'things too'??
Who lived with his wife and kids he was a good cook.. other things like different food not sexual pleasures I've only ever heard off one person that they wanted to trade it for that apparently had a boob job aswell.. he never did though

O
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Who lived with his wife and kids he was a good cook.. other things like different food not sexual pleasures I've only ever heard off one person that they wanted to trade it for that apparently had a boob job aswell.. he never did though[/QUOTE]
oh...sorry mate - I'm a liberal minded bloke, I just thought things were getting interesting