Fibrous plaster coving

Members online

Plasterer83

I’ve been asked to install some swan neck fibrous plaster coving,
I’ve done loads of coving, this looks more intricate and I don’t wanna mess it up,
Anyone had any experience with this stuff?
tia

I’ve been asked to install some swan neck fibrous plaster coving,
I’ve done loads of coving, this looks more intricate and I don’t wanna mess it up,
Anyone had any experience with this stuff?
tia
If you called cornice coving around the old spread who taught me you’d get a lath axe thrown at your feet

My cornicing rocks
Does not matter what style shape it is
Mitres are mitres
Make a dummy piece to Mark the ceiling
Score ceiling and wall
Board adhesive held up with wire nails
Board adhesive in mortar gun to fill cleaned off with scraper just behind the face
Red Devil filler to finish flush
Diluted PVA on top of any filler when finished to receive paint

Cheers gents, some was helpful some were just arseholes, I know loads of plasterers that swerve coving. That being said, I live the banter so bring it on scruffs

Mitre coving box... Wall edge to the top of the box, cut your angles. Thread closed
Really I always
Well I’ve never fitted cornice before. If I did I might ask on here for tips from you lot
Well to save time in future:
f**k off asking skilled men for their hard won knowledge and pay someone that knows, you chancer.
Please save this reply and look it up before asking any stupid questions in the future. I thank you.

Really I always

Well to save time in future:
f**k off asking skilled men for their hard won knowledge and pay someone that knows, you chancer.
Please save this reply and look it up before asking any stupid questions in the future. I thank you.
I will not! :burlas:

Ps, don’t you just hate it when you go to reply to someone and then f**k it off but it saves your half arsed mangled sentence?

If you called cornice coving around the old spread who taught me you’d get a lath axe thrown at your feet
Too right as the old b*****d i served with was an ace with an axe (old school) mouthful of tacks, load of wood lathes under arm and poised ready to strike you with it if you muttered a stupid question ( especially on Monday morning's) Picture is me not him, still going heading into 70's

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_123455.jpg
    IMG_20200502_123455.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 132