fibretape

Members online

The Hobo

any one having trouble with novipro tape its doing my head in outside edge sticking to roll when pulling off thru 2 out today fcking shite

any one having trouble with novipro tape its doing my head in outside edge sticking to roll when pulling off thru 2 out today fcking shite
That novipro is fccccin shhite mate i chucked all mine in the skip when this builder got it us seems that jewson sell a lot of it

That novipro is fccccin shhite mate i chucked all mine in the skip when this builder got it us seems that jewson sell a lot of it
that's where I got it they didn't offer a replacement so I will just take it off the bill fckem

Never used it, but the Gyproc Classic stuff is really good and sticky as well

We're using this now. Nice and sticky and seems decent quality. Obviously can't actually be made by @BritishGypsum otherwise they'd have f*kd it up.
your right there andy just doing an overskim with multi tearing away from base all the time pva applied day before so not sliding on that feels more like clay than plaster no fine grit at all /seems like st gobain got us all f**k*d

your right there andy just doing an overskim with multi tearing away from base all the time pva applied day before so not sliding on that feels more like clay than plaster no fine grit at all /seems like st gobain got us all f*kd
We've been using Board Finish for a while now and it does seem better than the Multi we were using previously, but even with this I've had to change my trowelling style. Having to use much more edge now. Keeping the trowel flatter to the wall it just seems to go streaky, not all the time, just randomly. Different bags from the same pallet appear to work differently on the same (new board) background.

We've been using Board Finish for a while now and it does seem better than the Multi we were using previously, but even with this I've had to change my trowelling style. Having to use much more edge now. Keeping the trowel flatter to the wall it just seems to go streaky, not all the time, just randomly. Different bags from the same pallet appear to work differently on the same (new board) background.
I get that with multi bags off same pallet react differently may I don't have enough experience yet

Think this is what we used last week . Then comes through skim . Dog shite.

Just been picked 9 bags of multi gold up for next week

all self adhesive tape is crap,only developed for house bashing. if you want a quality job use hessian like in the 80s bit more time but no cracks. i remember going in on a saturday just to tape up the house with cloth for a monday start and it's nice to see those same houses over 30 years later when i go back to skim the artex ceilings have not got a crack in them, not like the couple of year old new builds.

all self adhesive tape is crap,only developed for house bashing. if you want a quality job use hessian like in the 80s bit more time but no cracks. i remember going in on a saturday just to tape up the house with cloth for a monday start and it's nice to see those same houses over 30 years later when i go back to skim the artex ceilings have not got a crack in them, not like the couple of year old new builds.
We only used the hessian scrim around the ceiling edges years ago and paper tape on the rest of the ceiling joints.You hardly use the hessian on them do you?.

Never paper , you might of used bandage scrim instead of hessian as it is a bit more easier to put on,what would you use scrim tape or traditional,we are talking north of £5sqm on my jobs, not your house bashing s**it.

Never paper , you might of used bandage scrim instead of hessian as it is a bit more easier to put on,what would you use scrim tape or traditional,we are talking north of £5sqm on my jobs, not your house bashing s**it.
f**k back to whatever planet your from,you’re a pure clown.

What the f**k is bandage scrim?,and I don’t do house bashing.Get off them drugs whatever they are andfuck off somewhere,anywhere really.

Seen paper joints fail loads of times bubbles off

On artex they used a thinner paper tape sometimes brown, this needed to be soaked in water first and often wasn’t applied properly. Paper tape I use is thicker with perforations and no need to soak unless you use skim to bed it with then I soak in water.

On artex they used a thinner paper tape sometimes brown, this needed to be soaked in water first and often wasn’t applied properly. Paper tape I use is thicker with perforations and no need to soak unless you use skim to bed it with then I soak in water.
The brown tape pretty much died out because of the need to soak it when Artex brought out a white tape that could be applied dry.
The perforated tape is drywall tape and can be applied dry even with finish plaster. We use a banjo for speed.

Not always practical but prefer to lay scrim on top of first coat and flatten in , think it has a stronger bond ( not 40 m ceilings lol)

Not always practical but prefer to lay scrim on top of first coat and flatten in , think it has a stronger bond ( not 40 m ceilings lol)
It's going in my pink book , f**k what BG say

I remember using the paper tape that you dip in water and stick on . Can you still get it ?!