fibers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
it may sound like a silly question, but i bought some (no cracks concrete) fibers and on the packet it says to use one packet, to 25kgs of cement,,, how do u go about adding that in to the mix correctly. cheers

i stick half a bag in the mixer with the water, if you're knocking up by hand put it in the water bucket before you start.

i used them the other day and mixed up with a whisk in a bucket and i had loads of fibers on the top coat! good job i was skimmin it!

there good if your repairing lath work, i have had large patches and also if you got a thin screed , sbr and fibers will hold it all together.

any1 here ever put fibers in their pva or wba before skimming. ive done it in the past. weather it works is another question. what do u reckon.

We used the plastering fibres back in the summer, we done a test and spread some set out on some polythene , one with fibres in and one without , when they set we snapped them to see if the fibres made the multi stronger , didn't make a bit of difference tbh but we carried on using them just put more in

Fibers are great we put them in all our rendering now you just cant take the chance with sand being so fine these days and sbr.

bodplasterer said:
Fibers are great we put them in all our rendering now you just cant take the chance with sand being so fine these days and sbr.
do you use the sbr as a waterproofer or mix it with another waterproofer. does that make sense?

church said:
We used the plastering fibres back in the summer, we done a test and spread some set out on some polythene , one with fibres in and one without , when they set we snapped them to see if the fibres made the multi stronger , didn't make a bit of difference tbh but we carried on using them just put more in
Fair comment church......never tested them ourselves but ive used them in 1st coat for about 5 years or so...think u need a good handful per bucket.......read a test by builder mag which they raved about lol no doubt the fibres company took them on a jollly up before the artical came out. I probably use them cause no-one else uses them around my manor, so offering them something else and i always include it in my spec/quote sheet ( helps to minimise future chances of cracking).......a few guys over the years say they make very little difference.....but at 2 quid a bag..why not bag last me a good while...

Be quite honest ive been using them for a while but ime not sure as if the background wall has seasonal movements as my 200 year old house in Spain is yes you get cracking just fill it and decorate every now and again but if it has fibres in it and there is movement in the wall i just ivisige the whole lot coming of the wall in sheets as the fibres hold it all together if you get my drift, just a thought.
Lucius.

Status
Not open for further replies.