Fewer Than Half of British Adults Are DIY Confident, Study Reveals

A recent survey commissioned by home improvement and repair service, Local Heroes, has revealed that fewer than half of the nation feel confident enough to undertake DIY projects around the home. The new study, which explored the opinions of 2,000 UK adults, uncovered that only 41% feel positive about tackling DIY themselves, preferring to engage a local tradesperson to fix trickier jobs such as electrical problems, as opposed to reaching for the tools themselves.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/fewer-than-half-of-british-adults-are-diy-confident-study-reveals/

Local-Heroes-Image-1.jpg

Well fair enough they shouldn’t mess with electrics. I once had a guy get pissy with me though because I wouldn’t be replacing and fitting arc round his loft hatch... cheeky. Now that someone should just diy

Local Heroes lol

Who came up with that fkin name for a trades website?

Can't quite picture Tina Turner singing: "We don't need another plummmmmmmmber"

Or raspy Bonnie screeching: " I'm holding out for a sparky"

Stranglers belting out: "No more chippies anymore"

But the the dulcet tones of dear old Enrique Doubleglazias singing: "I could be your skimmer baby" has got a nice ring to it :maraca:

Local Heroes lol

Who came up with that fkin name for a trades website?

Can't quite picture Tina Turner singing: "We don't need another plummmmmmmmber"

Or raspy Bonnie screeching: " I'm holding out for a sparky"

Stranglers belting out: "No more chippies anymore"

But the the dulcet tones of dear old Enrique Doubleglazias singing: "I could be your skimmer baby" has got a nice ring to it :maraca:

does sound like a name of a charity that is helping ex service men/women

does sound like a name of a charity that is helping ex service men/women

Avoid every charity with the word 'Heros' in it, except Help for Heros, they are a good crowd. The rest, unfortunately, are pretty much scammers. I've been doing battle with an outfit from Blackpool for years now. One look at their books will tell you that (although this is legal) they spend all their takings on staff.

Good point, actually. I haven't mithered them for a while. Must get back on to it.

I think my generation are the last of people who can use tools.... all my friends of the same age are f**k**g useless at diy