Few questions

John j

Mono Don
1 how soon can I render (webber/k rend ) a newly built breeze block wall

2 what's timing at moment. It's only a small wall going on 10 mm . Was hoping get it on early for afternoon scratch.

3 then got some on insulation boards . Bigger areas so was thinking over night.

But then again could be next year I start em way weather is

2 what's timing at moment. It's only a small wall going on 10 mm . Was hoping get it on early for afternoon scratch.

Ive only ever used thin coats over insulation boards can you use mono for this @owls @Rigsby

You need a different render if it block and insulation board. What Weber K Rend render? Mono, render and silicone?

We did around 1000m2 over insulation boards with krend bacecoat and then topped it with mono a few days later. We never had a problem. But id rather use tincoat over it as it's a better job.

New block work should be left for 6 months b4 its rendered. It never really happens tho. Iv gone over walls a few weeks old tbh

You need a different render if it block and insulation board. What Weber K Rend render? Mono, render and silicone?
Cant remember. Some in shed so I.ll look . Said its flexible. .

Webber wouldn't sell us any.

Summet bout dealing with cowboys

Last edited:
10mm of weber will fail I reckon. Need lightweight system for insulation eg..parex maite followed by EHI

For now but it will fail eventually. You can get Parex ehi so consider using that on both substrates. Otherwise one will be a different shade to the other if use ehi and ordinary mono.
Only time will tell. A years along time

Thinking back @Rigsby . We used webber on blocks but they wouldn't sell us webber for the insulation boards as we not done course. So the block half was the builders the insulation part of job was down to customer. He phoned rendit who said use hp12 then top coat which to eye looks fine next to webber.

This is a classic example why there are so many bad render jobs out there!

Little bit of knowledge is dangerous @John j
I.m gonna call rendit tomoz. Cant understand why they said was ok last time . They said to builder this time you can donit hit they wont guarantee it

They will snag it and want to give you f**k all, we are just skivvies to them trust me, stay well clear
Nah kids sound . Lives at top of our street (in a house ) not shy with cash .
First job I will have done for him and he gets a few. Showed him garage and he said he didn't know you were meant to scratch it they just put it on and left it lol

Nah kids sound . Lives at top of our street (in a house ) not shy with cash .
First job I will have done for him and he gets a few. Showed him garage and he said he didn't know you were meant to scratch it they just put it on and left it lol
What does he do for a living then, surely he's not a builder, anything that goes beyond cowboy tree surgery UPVC fitting or tarmac properly isn't a Pikey

What does he do for a living then, surely he's not a builder, anything that goes beyond cowboy tree surgery UPVC fitting or tarmac properly isn't a Pikey
They do gardens . Flags / decking etc. Kid who does most of its s**t hot