Festool collated screw driver

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy

Hi guys, anyone got one of these and how do you rate them. I have a few of the new model sencos very good but have had problems with them all also I bought the new dewalt and these are also a nice bit of kit and super smooth but terrible for corners and vision where the screw is going in. I know a lot of lads love the hilti but these festool are cheaper and I have heard good things about them, cheers

If you are using it often you don't need to see where the screw goes. As for the corners, every screwdriver can manage it without problem. Is not as close to the corner as with impact driver , but stil good and better tbh. That's the case with Hilti at least:bananahappy:

Yes my mate uses the dewalt and he likes it he knows where it goes every time, but still s**t for corners as its bulky end compared to senco where it's open end and slim so you can get in the corner really well. And its on site prices you haven't got time to use a impact for all corners, I have used collated screw guns for the last 15 years me and my gang have done hundreds of timber fames so it's safe to say I know how to use one. Just asking if anyone rates these festool ones as they look a similar end to the sencos

Yes my mate uses the dewalt and he likes it he knows where it goes every time, but still s**t for corners as its bulky end compared to senco where it's open end and slim so you can get in the corner really well. And its on site prices you haven't got time to use a impact for all corners, I have used collated screw guns for the last 15 years me and my gang have done hundreds of timber fames so it's safe to say I know how to use one. Just asking if anyone rates these festool ones as they look a similar end to the sencos
Festool I used recently was wank as it was design where u don't press the trigger u just push the gun onto the board which I dnt like I like to feel the power running thru my fingers lol..cudnt get used to festool I'm a senco man mysen but Makita works better on metal stud and senco works better on timber in my opinion

Festool I used recently was wank as it was design where u don't press the trigger u just push the gun onto the board which I dnt like I like to feel the power running thru my fingers lol..cudnt get used to festool I'm a senco man mysen but Makita works better on metal stud and senco works better on timber in my opinion

Thanks for feed back mate yeah I've owned at least 20 sencos over the years I do love them but fancied a change after the cogs going on the newer models it's happened on all six now ,the dewalt one are great for the metal studs.and they are really light and smooth if only they thought about the end a bit more so you could get in the corners better.
With festool I know what you mean with the power thing not sure if it will suit me but what was it like for corners and smoothness,speed compared to the sencos cheers mate

I thought it was slower I've used sencos for 13 years myself If ur used to pressing trigger etc I dnt think festool will be for you it sounds stupid like but I was pressing trigger all time n s**t just cudnt get used to it gave it bk at end of day and thought Il never ever buy 1 of them..i havnt seen Dewalt 1s we've got new black n red senco and its banging and we do alot of board work oursens

I thought it was slower I've used sencos for 13 years myself If ur used to pressing trigger etc I dnt think festool will be for you it sounds stupid like but I was pressing trigger all time n s**t just cudnt get used to it gave it bk at end of day and thought Il never ever buy 1 of them..i havnt seen Dewalt 1s we've got new black n red senco and its banging and we do alot of board work oursens
Cheers mate, yeah it sounds like we are on the same page. I have the black and red ones too mate a got them a few years back from the US when they first came out I got 3x 18v 25mm to 50mm ,the 55mm ones wasn't made to start with. Then after about 18 month the cogs went on all three so I got a deal on 3 electric ones(black and red)and swapped the cogs with the battery ones. they have been great again for 18months now I'm down to one , so I'm a little bit pissed of that you can't buy the cogs or even seem to get the nose pieces from any where

I hear what your saying wezly but to be fair we do hammer them and it's my gang using them not me me on my own. What's the hilti like for corners and smoothness mate as the nose looks similar to the dewalt cheers

Think we mite go hilti after our senco and 2 makitas die as like u say there havnt got much life to them think I've had about 5 sencos in 12 or so years

I don't understand when people say is dear! The quality, performance and after sale service and support are second to none! Why having something like hilti, when you can have hilti?

I was going to comment, but if people can't be arsed to do a search before asking a question, f**k'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You what because I ask a question about a tool, people ask questions about s*p*r*lex everyday, no need to spit your dummy out, God of festool ...,, well it is true what people say there's always one tit

2015-09-11 06.41.01.jpg

That looks a handy bit of kit on the extension, I've seen lads use them when they use the plasterboard hoists cheers mate

You what because I ask a question about a tool, people ask questions about s*p*r*lex everyday, no need to spit your dummy out, God of festool ...,, well it is true what people say there's always one tit

It's just laziness. You get it on all forums. Same questions, same answers.
If you are boarding every day, the Festool isn't man enough. Get the Hilti. You will have to buy from Hilti direct though as their tools aren't stocked in independent tool shops. They are £469 plus vat complete. Looks like they are now only supplied with the 1.6ah batteries for that money.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.