feb bond blue grit vrs thistle bond it

Members online

barmyuk

chaps

sorry if this has been covered before, last time i used blue grit it was a disaster, labourers painted the walls and it was thick as out..........has there been any improvements in the last year? or stick with thistle??

cheers lads

chaps

sorry if this has been covered before, last time i used blue grit it was a disaster, labourers painted the walls and it was thick as out..........has there been any improvements in the last year? or stick with thistle??

cheers lads
Never had any problems with either,just stir it well and make sure it's in date.

these are the walls i have to skim over, 140m2 of them ceiling is gonna be a mission...........

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 927
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 771
thats nowt...........its a flat city centre of newcastle, ill put some more up.......still no wiser with the gypbond though!!

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 501
cant wait to get back left my good stanley tape measure when i measured job up......didnt know how quick to get out haha

I now use bostiks make, I found it better than both mentioned.
Cementone Plasterers Stabilising Primer
Primes and stabilises problem surfaces on previously plastered walls
195_lge.jpg

Your Smart Advantages
  • Excellent key for skim coats
  • Coloured for controlled application
  • No mixing - easy to apply
Product Overview
Bostik Plasterer's Stabilising Primer with Plasprime® Technology (formerly known as Cementone Plasterer’s Stabilising Primer) has been specially developed for the plastering professional. It primes and stabilises most interior surfaces, including previously plastered walls, prior to the application of new plaster. Bostik Plasterer's Stabilising Primer is green in colour for easy application and contains 20% recycled material. It can be applied over porous and non-porous areas to give a surface that dries evenly giving excellent adhesion and a faster, easier finish.

canny mate where is this from and how much? ive managed to source thistle bond it for £23.06 which seams a good price!!

How far does a tub of bondit go... been a long time since I used it.... I use to use wba all the time and that did about 8m2 and was £10

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sika latex sand n cement for colour or bit of red dye or like prob get 20m2 -25m2 out of that. Done the same with pva in the past to get good grip worked too but use just Sika now is €23 here and a bit of mixing.

they ballsed up the price as i wanted 3 tubs they qouted me for 3 bags of bonding coat!!! managed to get it for £30.00 danny Bond it does 45m2 pal (so it says on the tin)
Where do they sell it at that price.

chaps

cheers lads
Sand and pva night before does the job and it cheap