Feature wall

Members online

revilo

one of my jobs.it was a bit of pain to bead it spot on but I was fairly chuffed with the outcome.
This is a feature wall in a hairdressers,each hole has a spotlight,so zero room for any errors.
FB_IMG_1480589219520.jpg

just needs a nice Venetian or microcement to finish it off!polished concrete grey would look smart.

What make do you use sorry for all the questions but want to try on my kitchen floor

Plas... Microcement looks rad, I'm well into polished concrete look. What's the process like, is it easy for a spread to work out how to use or do you recommend a course?

Ad lucem(French product) Might be worth looking at doing acourse before hand then having ago.I find it a lot more profitable than general plastering and a lot less work ifI'm honest and I'm not lazy lol!Its about knowing the product really.goldtrowel north do a course which rob jack runs which I'm sure is good as his work is very good.

Primer surface first and depending on substrate will be one of two primers.Then a two coat application which can be done over two days(one coat then second coat day after)or a wet on wet application can be applied but depending on finish will determine on which way to go.stone affects I do over 2 separate coats,first base then textured to follow.Then there's sanding too and trowel techniques to a have different affects.i would recommend on a course personally as materials are expensive and you can be throwing a lot of money away.Starting out is expensive as clients want samples of different colours but starting to pay off well now thank god to put some money back in pocket!Hope this helps lads.

There is a self pour mate which I havnt used.ideal if your on your own and a if area.Biggest I've done is about 30m2 on floor which is tiny compared to some lads but enough for me with a labourer.Handy having someone with you cleaning tools as when it goes off its abugger to get off.

What's a ballpark figure supply and fit? I know prices aren't discussed but this ones fair game it's very niche.

If you can get in with a couple of arcitects also I push it for bathrooms instead of tiles and explain about the maintenance free side of things with it being a seamless finish and that normally sells it.Also good for furniture.

If you can get in with a couple of arcitects also I push it for bathrooms instead of tiles and explain about the maintenance free side of things with it being a seamless finish and that normally sells it.Also good for furniture.
Do you top it with epoxy as a final coat?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

no I use a smoothing cream depending of finish but always seal with a polyurethane sealant to make it fully waterproof also strengthens micro.You can also wax aswell.

Wall in the pic I made from timber,in hindsight metal stud would have been better as timber isn't always dead straight.

Yes mate I'll post now.sorry never posted pics before so taking awhile and got a lot on old phone so bare with me bud.