Feather edge v darby

Worked for a boys and seen few other ones with them, L shapes edges, bit more solid, didn't bend in the middle as much as a feature edge can, and the l shape catches the mortar as rules it off, think they got them made somewhere though haven't seen any since.
I got two will be selling soon as have no need for them

My feather edge has no flex at all in it - maybe new ones are cheap shite
IMG_4520.JPG

My feather edge has no flex at all in it - maybe new ones are cheap shiteView attachment 17150

they close in better but a h gets it flatter and straightens it out quicker ....to much play im them yolks.
shite for floating when your on price the angle brings the water to the surface....the walls are setting when you think there wet been caught out too many times cutting angles and floating with them edges.

If am on outside sand and cement I can use bull nose skirting about 5ft length
I also use a derby but never used one with handles there a waste of time on render.
If I hardwall I use a feathered edge rule with a rounded edge instead of sharp edge.

i done the same ...cut 1 down.
very rare i see much floating nowadays.
not too sure if its a god send to be honest.
True and it's hard graft with S and c but we can all agree its the best in comparison to any of the newer methods s and c in my house only!

What do yous do instead of s and c then?still do it on most houses here. Or are yous all timber frame new builds?

Used to love a bit of hard wall and skim, got a call a while back offering £4.50 a square said his lads were making good money I told him if he doubled it I'd do it called me a greedy b*****d and hung up

IMO dry lining and skim done properly is a good job, we stick boards to walls correctly, with solid skirting a ceiling and external wall lines, for the sake of a few more bags of adhesive it aint worth cheating like the majority of stickers, the crap masonary you have float on these days is poor, as is the fact a door lining at the correct width seems to be beyond the realms of a carpenter. The good developers we work for like the fact there is less snagging in the future, not that many lads can float and set to a good standard now anyway, skilled plasterers can.

A lot of bricklaying is awful,its not always pleasant floating walls that bad. House we are in atm, margin us off an inch in the reveals, built no where near plum either. The joys