family

My eldest son went to uni in Manchester, he graduated and is now a computer engineer in Stockport
my youngest son is at Derby uni studying computer engineering, in his third year hes working in industry for 12 months before starting his 4 year

My dad was a miner before the mines were closed - how times have changed
My brother has worked for the local council as a plumber for the last 40 years he has now put in for early retirement finishes end of the month

Don't you f**k**g start. It's going old school, the daughters will cook the teas, wash the dishes and make sure they look pretty for when their menfolk return from a day of toil.
A bit like Si does for you.
That reminds me, I need to take my wifey in hand. He borrowed some drill bits out my van......... and didn’t put them back!!!!!! He knows better.

Definitely not, problem with plastering is you rely too much on other people especially with bigger jobs, will advise to get jobs which have the option of self employment and are well paid employed and that you don't have to ely on other people nothing worse than employing people always a let down.

same here cockney,...also 3rd generation,....and i am last one
It’s quite depressing when you think about it all mate, I used to love going to graft with my grandad and then my dad but I just can’t see the trade going any further in my family at the moment. My son has no interest in plastering at all.

would you lads and the gorgeous jess
put your sons into plastering ??

I've already sold my soul to it.
dont think i want my little man to follow it.

dads wants your opinions
:birra:
I won’t let my son get into it. It’s s**t and plasterers aren’t respected any more much better jobs out there. Next 20 yrs a tramp will be earning more than the average spread.

I won’t let my son get into it. It’s s**t and plasterers aren’t respected any more much better jobs out there. Next 20 yrs a tramp will be earning more than the average spread.

school run done :numberone:
finley gonna be a trike driver thing (y)(y)
20200304_083806.jpg

It’s quite depressing when you think about it all mate, I used to love going to graft with my grandad and then my dad but I just can’t see the trade going any further in my family at the moment. My son has no interest in plastering at all.
in 1976 i went for an interview to be a painter/decorator, with john laing,.......never got the job ,...but was offered a start as an apprentice plasterer,.....purely because of my family,......all were plasterers, every one,......apart from one who went over to the dark side and became a bbbbbb,.brbrbrbrbr,.......bricklayer,...there i have managed to say it,......counselling/therapy sessions have worked,..........obviously we never talk about it,...all hush hush,......dark family secret,....talk only in hushed tones about him,........althogh i do recall one uncle, his nickname was bangor,.....worked down south for 2 years ,whenever he came home he had started calling his handboard a hawk,.........well,......the looks and stares he got,...people pointing at him ,...total embarressment,.......and ,on site some arguements ,........

in 1976 i went for an interview to be a painter/decorator, with john laing,.......never got the job ,...but was offered a start as an apprentice plasterer,.....purely because of my family,......all were plasterers, every one,......apart from one who went over to the dark side and became a bbbbbb,.brbrbrbrbr,.......bricklayer,...there i have managed to say it,......counselling/therapy sessions have worked,..........obviously we never talk about it,...all hush hush,......dark family secret,....talk only in hushed tones about him,........althogh i do recall one uncle, his nickname was bangor,.....worked down south for 2 years ,whenever he came home he had started calling his handboard a hawk,.........well,......the looks and stares he got,...people pointing at him ,...total embarressment,.......and ,on site some arguements ,........

I was taught to plaster by a joiner and a bricklayer!

Well at least one of your family ended educated, if only temporarily. IT'S A f**k**g HAWK!