Facebook plasterer

Members online

Is it you or someone you know?
Not me or anyone I know....he splashed a bit, what's the big deal? Its water based wipe it up...and even with my lack of apprenticeship I know how to sheet up but still wouldn't be sweating a couple of splashes....maybe he should buy them a new cooker and kitchen as an apology

Fk up, you'd be happy covering someone's kitchen and cooker in plaster like that then?
No I wouldnt mate but if it happened id get it with a baby wipe and would take me about 20 seconds

Dont understand the drama, cant judge the coving (which is s**t) as no idea he did it or not.

Don't know full story but let's say someone has paid a 'professional' to come in and skim there kitchen. It is no way acceptable to have your kitchen covered in plaster like that wither it wipes off or not! If it's a diy'r doing his own kitchen then fair enough but this is a paid job and the guy, like you, obviously doesn't think anything is wrong with it as he is using it for marketing purposes.

Don't know full story but let's say someone has paid a 'professional' to come in and skim there kitchen. It is no way acceptable to have your kitchen covered in plaster like that wither it wipes off or not! If it's a diy'r doing his own kitchen then fair enough but this is a paid job and the guy, like you, obviously doesn't think anything is wrong with it as he is using it for marketing purposes.
Lol....at end of a job, workplace needs to be clean and tidy, like it was before you got there

Dont need to keep the railways clean so probably dont worry about it

Sheeting up a room prior to plastering - the customer loves it, I always mention to them how i can just roll it all up at the end of the job and dispose of it - I then 'joke' to them that if they don't pay up at the end of the job I will roll them up in it too and dispose of them....£££
IMG_4163.PNG

But to me it never looks good to the client if you get splashes over cupboards if cooker can't move why not put a bit of scrap ply over the top why not spend that extra time on sheeting up properly go over kill we are in a messy trade so u have to sheet up over sheeting up carpet protector corex dust sheets over shoes if walking through house might feel like it takes ages but at end of job the cleaning is minimal

When I was @superspread apprenrice we was on a job in Putney and I knocked over a pot of pva all over the oak worktops we got it cleaned up in the end but from a few glugs of pva it spread about a meter wide so I know the downfalls of not sheeting up properly and if I do have a day where I'm half hearted I always think back to days I've had a mare and it snaps me back into doing a bit extra protection

IMG_0729.JPG
Lol....at end of a job, workplace needs to be clean and tidy, like it was before you got there
There's how tidy my workplace is in on the railway, actually get gutted when I have to leave it and spend ten minutes out on the track!

@Lodan have you ever been back to a job where you've got s**t everywhere then cleaned up?
It looks good for all of 10 minutes plaster staines the f**k out everything.

As @Pagey says if you think that's acceptable to work like that then clean up after you need to give your head a wobble.
Looks good when customer walks in to make a brew and thinks he's a messy f**k*r.
It's all about impressions.
Guarantee you 100% he won't get another job off that customer.

Got some roll and stroll on carpets and hard floor.
T-board/antinox/correx on top of worktops. Looks professional gives off a good impression of yourself and gives them piece of mind you value their property and possessions.

You wouldn't work like that in your own house so why the f**k does a paying customer deserve it in theirs.

Couldn't give a f**k how well it's scrubs up after its a disgrace.
And that's me being 100% honest. You'd last the whole of 5 minutes with me if you worked like that.
That's not me being Billy big b*ll***s and I don't proclaim to be the plastering God there's always somebody bigger and better. But I've being in the game 12-13 years and no what is acceptable and what's not.

Peace out!

Sheeting up a room prior to plastering - the customer loves it, I always mention to them how i can just roll it all up at the end of the job and dispose of it - I then 'joke' to them that if they don't pay up at the end of the job I will roll them up in it too and dispose of them....£££View attachment 16282

makes it a lot easier and a lot cheaper as well :D

@Lodan have you ever been back to a job where you've got s**t everywhere then cleaned up?
It looks good for all of 10 minutes plaster staines the f**k out everything.

As @Pagey says if you think that's acceptable to work like that then clean up after you need to give your head a wobble.
Looks good when customer walks in to make a brew and thinks he's a messy f**k*r.
It's all about impressions.
Guarantee you 100% he won't get another job off that customer.

Got some roll and stroll on carpets and hard floor.
T-board/antinox/correx on top of worktops. Looks professional gives off a good impression of yourself and gives them piece of mind you value their property and possessions.

You wouldn't work like that in your own house so why the f**k does a paying customer deserve it in theirs.

Couldn't give a f**k how well it's scrubs up after its a disgrace.
And that's me being 100% honest. You'd last the whole of 5 minutes with me if you worked like that.
That's not me being Billy big b*ll***s and I don't proclaim to be the plastering God there's always somebody bigger and better. But I've being in the game 12-13 years and no what is acceptable and what's not.

Peace out!
Calm yourself down reeves...in getting a lot of call backs and always sheet up right...the drama of this thread is Just a bit much...yes good to sheet right but if you get a splash somewhere you wipe it and if it leaves that streaky residue wipe it off with a clean cloth

We knocked over a full bucket of dirty water in a lounge.... and thankfully we really sheeted up well... spent ages making sure it was perfect... the following day they throw the carpet in the skip :D

Calm yourself down reeves...in getting a lot of call backs and always sheet up right...the drama of this thread is Just a bit much...yes good to sheet right but if you get a splash somewhere you wipe it and if it leaves that streaky residue wipe it off with a clean cloth
That's not just 1 splash though is it! Everything is caked in it!
It's the way you said it it comes across like you don't give a f**k and think "oh it's alright" I'll sort it after.
Being new to the game it doesn't give off a good impression of you.
There lads on here been doing it twice, three times as long as me who we all at some point ask for advise. You think they'd give you time of day if they think you worked like that?

I'm not saying your a bad spread and I'm sure Pete wouldn't have you doing work with him if you were.

its when you scratch the worktop do you realise how cheap the plastic is :D
Dropped my trowel once and it landed pointy edge straight on worktop. Cost me £450 for the new worktops (was mitred) the fitting and the tilling after

Dropped my trowel once and it landed pointy edge straight on worktop. Cost me £450 for the new worktops (was mitred) the fitting and the tilling after

yup... seen it a few times... Angle grinder was a good one... Thankfully I have not had to pay up for any damages (that i can remember) as I was always careful and sheeted up etc... Accidents happen...

If I do any jobs now I over sheet as the first few hawkfuls after time away tend to be a bit questionable :D

yup... seen it a few times... Angle grinder was a good one... Thankfully I have not had to pay up for any damages (that i can remember) as I was always careful and sheeted up etc... Accidents happen...

If I do any jobs now I over sheet as the first few hawkfuls after time away tend to be a bit questionable :D
There's a local guy on Facebook that can do flawless repairs to worktops, wish I knew about him years ago

We knocked over a full bucket of dirty water in a lounge.... and thankfully we really sheeted up well... spent ages making sure it was perfect... the following day they throw the carpet in the skip :D
Did that with a bucket of strong PVA on a brand new carpet many moons ago,Just double dust sheets and a lesson learned.

how much do you lot fuucking drop ....i think covering is 1 thing but making yourself tripping all over the place is pathetic.

That's not just 1 splash though is it! Everything is caked in it!
It's the way you said it it comes across like you don't give a f**k and think "oh it's alright" I'll sort it after.
Being new to the game it doesn't give off a good impression of you.
There lads on here been doing it twice, three times as long as me who we all at some point ask for advise. You think they'd give you time of day if they think you worked like that?

I'm not saying your a bad spread and I'm sure Pete wouldn't have you doing work with him if you were.
Im not bad and thats why pete still works with me