Ezekiel spat or speed skim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilharbs

The title was meant to say eze spat,goddam spell checker!Been thinking about trying one of these out,probably 800mm size.what would you choose from experience?pros and cons(no pun intended)I can just imagine the Eze leaving lines when flattening until its well broken in,and doesn't the plastic help the finish dry a bit quicker by not pulling the moisture to the surface?

Only have the1200 speedy. I like:RpS_thumbup:
big areas, lids, reskims etc. Saves time and effort.

The title was meant to say eze spat,goddam spell checker!Been thinking about trying one of these out,probably 800mm size.what would you choose from experience?pros and cons(no pun intended)I can just imagine the Eze leaving lines when flattening until its well broken in,and doesn't the plastic help the finish dry a bit quicker by not pulling the moisture to the surface?

Buy my Eze Spat ... You'll love it. :)

One is for flattening (speed skim) one is supposed to be for towelling (eze spat) speed skim is good for big flat areas,obviously you can get small ones too,it does save elbow grease and time, does it make it any faster, I do not think so but easier yes,the spats will need getting used to,the suit later stage in my opinion. The trowel is still my best finish...

Yep I would be looking to finish with the trowel anyway,the skim is edging it at the mo.how is it though when the finish starts goin a bit,can you brush the edges and pull in with it?is the plastic stiff enough?

What sort of work do you do lilharbs, you'd only really get a use out of them if you're using machines or big sets on site

I agree. Great on big areas. I use spat on everything. Nothing will ever speed the process up but definitely make it a lot easier.

I use the EZE spat rather than the speedskim now i find the speed put to many lines down the spat has rounded corners so leaves first and second coat very smooth then finish with trowel can get loads on with out the running around but am going to invest in a refina plazie soon.

Ive never used these spats but like the idea of flattening out bigger areas.I dont understand though how they can be used properly for filling in hollows and misses etc, especially before final trowel.

I would use for flattening both coats,before fine tune with the trowel.

So if someone ordered one, you would send either one and say the are the same,I ordered Excalibur and got eze spat and was told the were fundamentally the same thing.there is a difference in the handles, I think eze spat Is cheaper version of the Excalibur , the changeable blades are a good thing in the eze spat but I don't like the handles so much ..

Ive not used a eze spat but use the s*p*r*lex/excalaber everyday. To me the eze's handle looks more akward to hold when using pressure to trowel up. I may be wrong though

So if someone ordered one, you would send either one and say the are the same,I ordered Excalibur and got eze spat and was told the were fundamentally the same thing.there is a difference in the handles, I think eze spat Is cheaper version of the Excalibur , the changeable blades are a good thing in the eze spat but I don't like the handles so much ..

so you paid more for the excalibur and got a cheaper eze instead?

Yes, 99 pounds for a 600mm Excalibur and pole for same ,got eze spat with pole instead , awaiting Ryan's return on Tuesday, bit annoyed when I rang to be told it was the same thing fundamentally,

John, I have been told about this. Unfortunately the wrong thing was sent out. I will sort it for you Tuesday. So don't worry, sorry as well! Won't be taking a holiday for a while now.

We do sell both versions. The EZE is certainly not a cheaper version. Fundamentally it is the same thing as the Excalibur, the quality of the blade, thickness etc is exactly the same. The only difference is the handle and the fact you can change the blade.

Sorry again John, will deal with it when I'm back

John, I have been told about this. Unfortunately the wrong thing was sent out. I will sort it for you Tuesday. So don't worry, sorry as well! Won't be taking a holiday for a while now.

We do sell both versions. The EZE is certainly not a cheaper version. Fundamentally it is the same thing as the Excalibur, the quality of the blade, thickness etc is exactly the same. The only difference is the handle and the fact you can change the blade.

Sorry again John, will deal with it when I'm back
I knew you would, thanks.

No worries mate. We wouldn't just send out one or the other... I have found out who packaged it and will be having a word.

Sorry again

You-are-fired.jpg

get joni to send the eze back and then send it to me ryan:RpS_thumbup:........ok ok ill cover the postage if i have to
or jon send me the unwanted spat:RpS_biggrin:

haha yeah couple of weeks ago it was a long hard day there i had all 2 m2 to skim for the day

i was gonna pop over but i wanted to double check you was still on the job you said you was at but my wifi wassnt working so i couldnt message you on here and i diddnt have your number back then

Still there , got another week there, had to let a lot of other work go to finish this one, they have miles of work for me coming up but are scared I will concentrate on a house I bought,, nice job actually, they have three new town houses soon and a big job in parsons green..

still there:RpS_scared: blaady longing it out aint ya haha, naa its good your busy mate means you wnt miss that spat you dnt like when you still it in the post to me haha:RpS_blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.