Eze Spat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlplastering

Hi everyone, i have just invested in a couple of Eze Spats (600cm & 1200cm) I usually use Speedskims and after a few run outs with my spats, i'm finding you need to let the multifinish pick up before going on it as it ripples. I find its the opposite with the Speedskims, you have to jump straight on before it picks up. Any tips for my new Eze Spats (I am using the standard blades)

Do a search marra. its been covered a few times....................welcome to the forum....................:RpS_thumbup:

I don't like them even with the flexible blades, the s*p*r*lex is better in my opinion, ripples is a problem especially with multi, I only use it for final trowel.

Thanks lads, i have had a look at a few other related posts and i'm getting the feeling that they are not great on multifinish, think speedskims are better for multi when flattening or maybe im just to used to the speedskims now and need to play around with the spats more to get used to them

Thanks lads, i have had a look at a few other related posts and i'm getting the feeling that they are not great on multifinish, think speedskims are better for multi when flattening or maybe im just to used to the speedskims now and need to play around with the spats more to get used to them
Speed skims and spats are different purpose products, we did a 70 plus metre ceiling this afternoon, the speedskim flattened the first coat and then the second, we normally would only use it for the first coat, we would not use it at all on small walls and ceilings, the spats are I used by us when its nearly finished, I find trowels are better for finishing..the spats are good for big flat areas, I think the flatter a ceiling as in it looks better than it actually is,therefore we perfect with trowels beforehand. Just my opinion others may differ.

I would normally use the speedskim for 1st and 2nd and then finish the metal and a plastic trowel, just finding my way with spat but i agree that there more for near the end. i watched a video of a bloke flattening with a spat, looked like he had just layed on the multi and i think thats where i was going wrong thinking i could the same !!!

I know one thing, all these new plastering tools are great, i'm loving trying these new bits out, my arms, shoulders etc... feel much better !!!

I know one thing, i am loving all these new plastering products, feels like i have been given new arms and shoulders !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.