EZE spat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

I bought a EZE spat other day and plastic trowel from Ryan at Plasterers1stop , used it today on 50m2 ceiling and was a life saver, as I didn't have a labourer it saved alot of time, I use to use speed skim but much prefer the spat, very good tool and price, only downside is non adjustable handle!! And as for plastic trowel.... Wish I bought one sooner sooo much easier on the bones!

my process is
Flatten 1st coat as I'm laying on anyways
spat second coat
Cross trowel with plastic then final with plastic when needed
as said I'm new to whole spat and plazzi so if you do it another way please share as I'm sussing it out cheers

all i can seem to use the plastic trowel for is flattening down the first coat which it does make very easy and mayb first trowel but it leaves very light lines in, when do you use it to cross towel after u have layed on?

I find the plastic trowels are great, use mine for flattening down. Did a bathroom ceiling last night. Put it on as usual - flattened with plastic, troweled with my old Tyzack and finished with plastic. Spot on (especially as it was red hot due to the bloody towel rad being on full)

1st coat flatten with speedskim2nd coat flatten with speedskim
Leave to firm
eze spat (flexi blade)
Eze spat again
2 passes with a plazzi done
Still use my speedskim to flatten 1st as the plaster is still very wet and if u jump on to soon with the eze spat can have a few problems . Whats the eze spat plazzi blade like mate ?? Is it for finishing or flattening

Just started using plazzi this week, lay on as normal, first rub with steel then if 2 more with plazzi. Very light weight and less pressure required. very nice tool indeed.

how do u finish with those plastic trowels, i only flatten with mine because it leaves very fine lines in the finish. i tried it on a ceiling this morning tried to finish with it, but after the first pull i saw it was leaving some nasty marks so went back to my ss.

have you tried giving it a light sand with a bit of wet and dry. mine doesnt leave any lines at all. works a treat when caught just right

If ur gettin lines mate it needs a bit of wet and dry sanding 1200 works well , sometimes i have to do this between trowels , keep a bit in my pocket ,only takes a couple of seconds so no probs . Give it a go mate

It has metal flexi blade. But Ryan gave me a plastic blade to to try out. I have only used the metal flexi ATM, but well impressed with it

I asked for a plastic blade for my EZE that I bought from Ryan and was told I have to buy something else for hi to send it bit p!ssed that everybody else seems to be getting them free?

1st coat flatten with speedskim2nd coat flatten with speedskim
Leave to firm
eze spat (flexi blade)
Eze spat again
2 passes with a plazzi done
Still use my speedskim to flatten 1st as the plaster is still very wet and if u jump on to soon with the eze spat can have a few problems . Whats the eze spat plazzi blade like mate ?? Is it for finishing or flattening
MY brain hurts .......:RpS_crying:

I asked for a plastic blade for my EZE that I bought from Ryan and was told I have to buy something else for hi to send it bit p!ssed that everybody else seems to be getting them free?

They have only got them free as they have bought a few other things. For me to send one out it will cost me the blade and delivery. If you buy something and pay delivery I will happily include one

Using my two new eze spats today, need a little breaking in but that apart, very pleased, thanks for the free blades . Interested in the plastic blade at some stage.

I find the plastic trowels are great, use mine for flattening down. Did a bathroom ceiling last night. Put it on as usual - flattened with plastic, troweled with my old Tyzack and finished with plastic. Spot on (especially as it was red hot due to the bloody towel rad being on full)

The Refina plastic or plaster one stop plastic Rhys?

I have only ever used the one from plasterers one stop, so can't say how the refina plazzi is but I wouldn't change! I thought it was going to be a mare to get used to cos of the handle etc where as refina plazzi looks the part, but it's brilliant. Like a mirror in 3 easy passes which Is good as my elbows hurt theses days

I have only ever used the one from plasterers one stop, so can't say how the refina plazzi is but I wouldn't change! I thought it was going to be a mare to get used to cos of the handle etc where as refina plazzi looks the part, but it's brilliant. Like a mirror in 3 easy passes which Is good as my elbows hurt theses days

How much was in the brown envelope?

Yer your good! three bloody job lost in a row to plumbers and the old my mate can do it gang bit pissed off .quiet next week oh well I can always do the house work quite like ironing.

Times are hard everywhere ATM it seems. My town has been flooded with ex factory workers with redundancy money driving around in new vans looking the part! Never known work so tight

Times are hard everywhere ATM it seems. My town has been flooded with ex factory workers with redundancy money driving around in new vans looking the part! Never known work so tight

I'v had a great start to the year so can't get to P!ssed just like keeping busy it will pick up. hoping the 6k job I priced comes in tomorrow!

Hi,I am diceman,spreading since 85 ,started on the ol yts course,joints in the body starting to play up a little,always used a stainless steel trowel for floating,skimming,etc, looking for advice,I am going to buy a Eze spat with a steel blade and a replacement plastic blade,and am going to buy a refina plazzi trowel,little bit confused what size spat and trowel to use,seems to me the spat and plazzi trowel ain't a bad combination ,like I say ain't sure about sizes,cheers lads

Status
Not open for further replies.