EZE spat ordered!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

finefinishwales

Hoping these live up to the rep, the speedskim has so think I might be doing the right thing. plus 9 ceilings is 6 days is starting to take its toll so need as much help as I can. plus 1 stop did me a great deal

Ahh wicked cheers for that Ryan I've been stuck on s and c all my life lol but looking to get with times with a few jobs comeing up will let u know mate.

Builderboi don't be too heavy handed using the spat as it causes tiger stripes very easy and keep the angle very small. it tends to draw moisture to the surface on first pass but after that seems ok.

Hoping these live up to the rep, the speedskim has so think I might be doing the right thing. plus 9 ceilings is 6 days is starting to take its toll so need as much help as I can. plus 1 stop did me a great deal

How big are the ceilings? Thats not even 2 sets every day?????????????

lets us now how gud they are a was looking at them butwent with the refina s*p*r*lex witch are brillant on skimming imo but heard these have a more rigid blade might be good for parex or weber

timing is crucial with the eze spat, easy to bring up the tiger stripes! once you get the timing down its a great tool, JTN did you find a problem with tiger stripes with the s*p*r*lex when first using it m8?

I get stripes I'm even going off the flattening the first coat with them because im not sure if the second coat settles in them, god knows how people trowel up with them id have thought it'd be rough as ****

Got a nice new board ceiling on Tuesday will take my time and watch the pull in times and practice with it hope it works need to help my old arms and back and legs and ankles and wrists lol

I get stripes I'm even going off the flattening the first coat with them because im not sure if the second coat settles in them, god knows how people trowel up with them id have thought it'd be rough as ****
i was thinking of one Dave ,might give it a miss now :RpS_unsure:

find it worst with walls, doubt id get a decent finish with it but i have polished up with it at the end of the day

I got caught up in the hype and bought a refina s*p*r*lex spat, tried it for skimming and its shite, BUT its great for flattening thin base coat renders and bonding

Got it today not to sure what the extra nuts, bolts and wing nuts are for? but can see me buying another head to keep firm blade in don't like the way you have to change blades be bit of a pain half way through a ceiling do they sell the heads with out blades separately?

why would you change half way through? the flexi blade is just for skimming the standard blade used for rendering. I agree though could of done with some simple instructions as the extra nuts/bolts confused me a bit and i still dont know if iv put the thing together right lol

As said above: the flexi for skimming, stiff for basecoats or renders. Some of our customers have said that the stiff can be used for a final trowel followed by a plastic trowel. Some prefer the stiffer blade all round. I will try and make a video or a step by step guide of blade changing and how to attach the head of the pole.
We find the best way to replace the blade is to put one end in, then push the blade in. Or you can feed it directly from one end.
There are some extra nuts and bolts in the bag. They are for an extra attachement to be used for floor screeding. Hope that helps

Last edited:
why would you change half way through? the flexi blade is just for skimming the standard blade used for rendering. I agree though could of done with some simple instructions as the extra nuts/bolts confused me a bit and i still dont know if iv put the thing together right lol

Sorry I was told stiffer blade was changed to final trowel will see how i get on with just flexi next week

yh a struggled with tiger stripes to start with mate its all about the angle and pressure you use a love using it though on render and skimming

yh a struggled with tiger stripes to start with mate its all about the angle and pressure you use a love using it though on render and skimming

Been playing with it in the house tonight have big back room so been walking the room with it think the tight angle close to ceiling feels best but will see on a wet ceiling. and playing with it means the spat not my love stick guys before you all start it's not the mouth it comes out of it the mind it goes into. lol

Why on earth would you want to polish up at the end of the day?
Polish up/dry trowel, domestic work customers seem to like the finish it creates, and with the spat it takes seconds so hardly a task.
Dont think theres a problem with the blade iv sliced my hand open with it, be careful lol!

First time used today crappy kitchen so couldn't get a good run at it, but it worked well where i could, did tiger striped a bit but not deep went over again and they vanished need to practice with it but know its going to be a major new part of my kit from now on

Polish up/dry trowel, domestic work customers seem to like the finish it creates, and with the spat it takes seconds so hardly a task.
Dont think theres a problem with the blade iv sliced my hand open with it, be careful lol!

Haha you mean they like rubbing there hands over it because it feels ultra smooth and shiny, but the paint won't like it.. Don't understand why people would polish a wall...

Basically yeah, dont take it to the mirror effect lol and never had any complaints from p&ders. Just what i was taught through my apprenticeship either at the end of the day or the following morning give your wall a quick once over(dry trowel) takes off anything that had been splattered on from mixing also ect.

Know what you mean, it ends up looking like a fat bird's a*se

Status
Not open for further replies.