1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

ExtratimeTM and HalftimeTM Now Available at National DIY Retailer Wickes

Discussion in 'Plasterers News' started by Danny, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chrispy33uk

Chrispy33uk Active Member

Handy Danny. Yet to try half time, but t'other one is good. Best of luck to them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kebab king

kebab king Private Member

Not yet tried either

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I have used both quite a bit now :D

whether it is to speed it up to get out quick or to slow it all down so I can get more on to get out quicker :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. kebab king

kebab king Private Member

When have you done any Plastering

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. zombie

zombie Private Member

He's crammed a lot in his 6 months experience!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. shepdasher

shepdasher New Member

Hi Mark from eazymix(extratime/halftime) had a busy year with both products.Halftime great at this time of year when the plaster is hanging around to long.I have based halftime 1 satchet for half a bag of plaster which sets under an hour.Halftime 1 satchet still works on a full bag which sets in just over an hour.Would also like plasterers thoughts on halftime 4 bonding our lastest product making bonding plaster set in just 20 mins ready to skim can send out samples for plasteres to try contact me at mark@eazymix.co.uk for free trial.thanks mark

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I ose normal halftime in bonding, sachet for half bag ready to skim in 20 mins

9. zombie

zombie Private Member

Think I'm going to have to get up to speed with this half time malarkey!!!

A good idea!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamesthefirst

jamesthefirst Private Member

Why did you thank yourself? :nocausagracia::loco::)

11. zombie

zombie Private Member

Is it quicker than half time bonding pal

12. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I've not used the bonding one but 1 sachet of halftime for half bag of bonding, stays workable for about 15 minutes then flashsets and is ready for skimming 5 mins later...I use it for all my patching now, also it doesn't shrink back as it dries so fast

• Useful Useful x 3
  13. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

@shepdasher who quick would 3 halftime to bag make it go off

14. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Have a look at the lottery post if you want to throw some onto that :) have a read it will be quicker

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. gps

gps Private Member

Dirty water, ready in 5 mins. And free

• Like Like x 3
  16. shepdasher

shepdasher New Member

how fast do you want it to go off you have to be able to get it out of the bucket first?think 20 minutes is,nt to bad not tried three bags yet so can,t say

17. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Sorry I meant for skim 2 sachets to a bag is an hour, have you tried 3? Just wondering as on some little bathroom ceilings etc I'd be happy with 30 minutes

• Like Like x 1
  18. shepdasher

shepdasher New Member

has not been fully tested on 3 bags mite flash set best sticking to two seting just over 40 mins

19. zombie

zombie Private Member

There is a down side to these sachets...

Muppets will start using and only charging half day!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. shepdasher

shepdasher New Member

Halftime is good if your in rush to finish or just do,nt like watching plaster set this time of year plaster hangs around for a long time you can still use 1 bag of halftime per full bag still makes it set a lot quicker.Still doing the free trial of halftime 4bonding makes bonding set and ready to skim in 20mins if any of you want to try for free email me at mark@eazymix.co.uk

• Like Like x 3
  21. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Is this half time stuff a fine white powder?

22. irish_spread

irish_spread Private Member

Not something to be sniffed at Andy

• Funny Funny x 6
  23. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Well that's a result as my nose is all blocked up.
    But seriously, having not seen this I was wondering if it's just a sachet of casting plaster?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Not sure whats in it :D

25. Deri

Deri Active Member

Could have done with some half time when doing a chimney breast the other day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

to be fair I think both products are something that you could keep in your tool kit and just for the odd job here or there... I have used it a fair bit but normally to go the extreme to get it all on in one set rather than to speed it up :D

27. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Gonna get some in the New Year but would only need the half time.

• Like Like x 1
  28. John j

John j Active Member

Me to. Be nice on them little jobs. When they say under a hour is that start to finish time or first coat

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. lemuk

lemuk Member

Hi mate could half time be used in easy fill?thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Probably not but you can get some 20 minute set easifill or similiar

• Like Like x 1
  31. lemuk

lemuk Member

Yes Danny use 20 but only for 3mm max.Tends to bubble on much over that and difficult to sand down this time of year on same day.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

hmmmm I see

What are you doing/trying to achieve? Maybe there is another way round it?