Extra Time Retarder!

Members online

zombie

Private Member
Does anybody use this regular only used it once on a pva skim job and when the plaster dried the surface was very weird like a marble/mottled effect which put me off using again as never seen owt like it.

Only wanting to do 1 gauge days now so thinking this may be of use.

Any good prices for bulk qtys anywhere also how does the alternative brand compare in quality etc

Ta zombiewombie

I am doing a promotion with Speedyset in a couple of weeks. Good stuff and gives multi a nice creamy consistency.

Does anybody use this regular only used it once on a pva skim job and when the plaster dried the surface was very weird like a marble/mottled effect which put me off using again as never seen owt like it.

Any good prices for bulk qtys anywhere also how does the alternative brand compare in quality etc

Ta zombiewombie
Used it a few times, very good, holds set back without any change in the plaster.
Great for large ceilings.

If you two coated mate you’d be looking at roughly three hour set , just use it in your first coat though and none in laying in coat , if you lay in with the same gear then you’d be less time than above but only a bit say 15 minutes Ish depending on environment and substrate, you know the score

Ta zombiewombie
Did a ceiling and one wall the other day I put the wrong one in half time! I lost about half stone in weight ha

I remember I still had some left over in the bucket from the first coat not much just covered the bottom of the bucket so added some water and cleaned it out made the water dirty thought sound speed it up on the second coat after adding some more gear took fooking ages to set,I was able to do the online food shop at tesco on my phone till it was ready for its first trowel,its good stuff

271239314_228509736134953_8709622138881966824_n.jpg