Extra Time plaster retarder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeweston

Ive ordered some as have a big ceiling to do on my own in a few weeks. Going on to new plasterboard. Could do it as normal at a push but fancied trying this Extra time. Anyone used it? Any good?

Just under 60 m2. L shaped room on a domestic. So will all be sheeted up so will be doing it off a hop up . Just thought it would make it easier. Probably not big for some

I'm gonna order my self a set over the weekend can't decide if to buy the 600 the 1200 and 1800 or just the 600 and 1200 ohhh the choices

Just under 60 m2. L shaped room on a domestic. So will all be sheeted up so will be doing it off a hop up . Just thought it would make it easier. Probably not big for some
Depends what u consider big.....stud
60 m2 ceiling on your own mixing slapping on etc etc your a mighty man

I'm gonna order my self a set over the weekend can't decide if to buy the 600 the 1200 and 1800 or just the 600 and 1200 ohhh the choices
I only got the 1200 and pole attachment. I tend to flatten down with a Refina spat most of the time, recently got a Putz spat which I think is 800mm, slightly more flex but good for first pass after laying on. I could see the 600 speed skim being handy. Always worth trying different tools out. Anything to take a bit of stress off the body. (y)

Only ever used bicarbonate of soda to slow it.
60m you'll be fine without slowing it. Just keep mixing small mixes... don't go for the big mix to get it all on.
Thank fook its not over artex tho!

Only ever used bicarbonate of soda to slow it.
60m you'll be fine without slowing it. Just keep mixing small mixes... don't go for the big mix to get it all on.
Thank fook its not over artex tho!
It was originally two different types of artex finishes with a fake archway In between that got removed. I was thinking, feck :reloco:
Luckily the boards had all dropped so persuaded them to remove and re board :D

Just get an extra spread in for a day and do rolling sets

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

it will slow the set down for sure but even then 60M on your tod is brutal... hope the money is good :D

Not so long ago I was moaning about it not setting , soon il be moaning about it setting to quick......but now it bloody hayfever !!

Personally I wouldn't tackle that myself I would be doing the tape trick along the middle then doing half .?are you going for it at once. Hope it's not to hot outside sun beating in onto the plasterboard lol.

Personally I wouldn't tackle that myself I would be doing the tape trick along the middle then doing half .?are you going for it at once. Hope it's not to hot outside sun beating in onto the plasterboard lol.
Come on Daviebhoy...surely you need to prove yourself once in a while?

We all like our easy sets but just once in a while surely don't we all think "right I'm doing the full room today"?
Or site workers "right I'm doing these four rooms today"?

Whats this trick with tape I'm intrigued?

It's to break up into two. I use scrim tape when I do it. Tape across the ceiling. Be careful not to plaster straight over it but just onto it with both coats. Making sure it's an even thickness and flat. When it's near to last trowel but not set too hard pull the tape off and should leave a crisp line. Best to do the other half whilst still green.
Leave it just back an inch on first coat when youre doing second part of ceiling. Then up to it on second coat. Otherwise it can dry to quick on edge. (The way I do it).
Some might do it differently.

What was someone thinking I'll put baby milk in with skim. Am going to wank in to a mix to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.