External thin coat render seam

Dekizo

Hi. I am a customer in need of some advice please, hope its ok to post here but Iwanted professional input rather than "google"! I've just had my new build rendered - ecorend on cement board. Scaffolding has just come down so now I can see it properly. Overall the job looks great but there are 2 very visible seams - 1 small on the front elevation and 1 large on the back. All the rest (large surface area) is seamless. Hard to photograph but they are very visible. Before I talk to the builder next week I would be really grateful for some info so I don't feel out of my depth. Why has this happened? Is this usual? Can it be easily fixed? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220820_142706.jpg
    20220820_142706.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
  • 20220820_142801.jpg
    20220820_142801.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 166
Hi. I am a customer in need of some advice please, hope its ok to post here but Iwanted professional input rather than "google"! I've just had my new build rendered - ecorend on cement board. Scaffolding has just come down so now I can see it properly. Overall the job looks great but there are 2 very visible seams - 1 small on the front elevation and 1 large on the back. All the rest (large surface area) is seamless. Hard to photograph but they are very visible. Before I talk to the builder next week I would be really grateful for some info so I don't feel out of my depth. Why has this happened? Is this usual? Can it be easily fixed? Thanks
Expansion joints if they were in the specification they should be there

Tjan
Thanks. No record of this on the spec, but that makes sense. However in that case why would there only need to be a small one at the front and one more at the back yet none on the gable ends (which is my biggest surface area, with high roof)? How do they work?

its an expansion joint. but im sunsure why they have used it other than panel too big for them.
if anything a horizontal expansion would of been used on a timber frame at 1ft floor joint.

it also looks like a back to back stop bead rather than a pre mastic expanison bead

its an expansion joint. but im sunsure why they have used it other than panel too big for them.
if anything a horizontal expansion would of been used on a
if anything a horizontal expansion would of been used on a timber frame at 1ft floor joint.

it also looks like a back to back stop bead rather than a pre mastic expanison bead
what does that last sentence mean please Dan? Is that a good or bad thing?

Should I be asking them to get rid of/hide rhe seam, or do i live with it (I don't like how it looks, but accept that I'll have to live with it if it's necessary)
ber frame at 1ft floor joint.

Tjan

Thanks. No record of this on the spec, but that makes sense. However in that case why would there only need to be a small one at the front and one more at the back yet none on the gable ends (which is my biggest surface area, with high roof)? How do they work?
They can be in funny places it's all down to the architect if they are there you can't just ignore them and go over if they aren't then no need at all to put them in and they definitely need a mastic seal to keep the weather out