External smooth render

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg

Hello, Im looking for a plasterer to smooth render a new house on the Isle of Skye in Scotland.
It is approx 150sqmts including a wall.
I will use HP12 for the scratch and finish coat, so experience in applying this would be advantageous.
I would pay for accomadation, pay £20 p/h or agree on a price.
I require a high standard of finish - straight, flat etc & a tidy job. Anyone not capable of this please do not waste my time by responding.
Look forward to hearing from someone.

Alan

Sounds like nice job in a lovely part of the country best of luck with it .... is it silcone wp on the top coat ?

Yes HP12 for the top coat, I was told it is the most advanced render for harsh climates.
we use a lot of sand & cement for smooth renders here but im not to impressed with the adhesion to the scratch coat.
I will paint it white when finished.
Anyone interested ?

Alan

yes you are correct, it is a base coat.
It can be used for a top coat though, it leaves a finish just like sand & cement would.
It is finished with a fibreglass float & sponge like sand & cement.
I will be painting over it to seal it.

Have you seen this done? because ive never heard of anyone using HP12 as a finish, Its horrible stuff when put on at any thickness,
I would never back it, Personally i would check with the manufacturer first because it could be an expensive mistake,
PS if it works i take my hat off to you but i doubt it.
my suggestion would be,
Plastic beads to prevent rust
hp 12 with fibre glass mesh embedded into it
then a one coat render plain face finsh
paint with a good hardy masonry paint.

I think the lads are spot on,i use this gear day in day out,hp12 is a scrim carrier,try heck k&a,or one of webers tight coat solutions. you will be pi$$ing in the wind if you even look at it with a float!

Well alg, how did your project turn out? - did you even manage to complete yet given the wet weather up here? I'm based in Arran, been doing mostly indoor work recently....

NOW GET UR SELF ON K.RED NO NEED TO PAINT .ITS TOP GEAR BEEN DOING SKY SCRAPER APRTMENTS IN MANCHESTER .AND THY DONT WANA BE HAVEING TO PAINT IT OFTEN .LOTS OF COULERS TO CHOSE. OR WEBER CEM REND .ITS A PLAT FINSH LOOKS A BIT LIKE CORK FINISH OR EMAIL WEBER FOR SMAPLE.ON WWW.NETWEBER.CO.UK. JUST ASK FOR SAMPLE OR LOOK AT WEBPAGE. SOMETHING NOT RIGHT ABOUT OTHER .IF A BAG OF RENDER SAID BACKINGCOAT.WELLTHEIR U GO .GLB

I require a high standard of finish - straight, flat etc & a tidy job. Anyone not capable of this please do not waste my time by responding.
Look forward to hearing from someone.

Alan

looks like from his posting we must have been wasting his time

[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.