External rounded wall base rail advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseyboy

Hello all
I've got to do a two story rounded wall that will be simalar to a tower shape with 90 mm eps and was wondering the best way to fix the base rail . Can you buy one for rounds or is it the slow prosess of cutting the back edge.
Also has anyone done many rounded walls??

The product I specify - Aquapanel Exterior - can be very easily curved, but is not suitable for EWI (does not have the fixing pull out load performance).

Because I get a lot of calls about curved walling, I tend to do a lot of research of these sorts of things and have system suppliers updating me...

I am not a spread though, so I am sure one of the other guys on here will assist with the application of the EPS and Render

Good Luck mate!

The product I specify - Aquapanel Exterior - can be very easily curved, but is not suitable for EWI (does not have the fixing pull out load performance).

Because I get a lot of calls about curved walling, I tend to do a lot of research of these sorts of things and have system suppliers updating me...

I am not a spread though, so I am sure one of the other guys on here will assist with the application of the EPS and Render

Good Luck mate!
OK thanks for your help

I buy all my base track verge trims and boxings from Wemico and there spot on the track is a little on the light side of I'm honest about0.6 gauge I think, I don't hammer my fixings in either I always use a cordless to fix them rather than a hammer as most people. What type of board are you using and what thickness?

Call up and ask for an up to date installers price list after a few orders they'll start giving a bit of discount, I think mesh is around £40+vat and mesh corners are £1.90+ vat of you but in boxes of 100

I buy all my base track verge trims and boxings from Wemico and there spot on the track is a little on the light side of I'm honest about0.6 gauge I think, I don't hammer my fixings in either I always use a cordless to fix them rather than a hammer as most people. What type of board are you using and what thickness?
Am gona use 90mm grey eps on the round walls

Gona use 90 mm grey eps on the rounded walls

use a 50mm board on the first layer they've got a little bit more give than 90's then top it off with two layers of 20mm jobs a good un[emoji106]

use a 50mm board on the first layer they've got a little bit more give than 90's then top it off with two layers of 20mm jobs a good un
emoji106.png
use a 50mm board on the first layer they've got a little bit more give than 90's then top it off with two layers of 20mm jobs a good un[emoji106]
ok thanks mate that's a great help.
So would you pin the 50mm first then pin the two 20 mm at the same time
Staggering the joints?

Yeh pin the 50's and stagger each layer of 20's you will use more pins than usual but it's a lot easier than rebating the backs of the 90mm foaming up and rasping down [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.