External Render advice

Members online

Rocks1

Hi all, hoping some could give me some advice please on best solutions to repair my external cracks and re-render the elevation.

I’m getting slightly mixed advice from builders on the best approach and am a bit uncertain of which way to go.
Some saying to go with a stainless steel mesh which is obviously quite pricey, been told just standard galvanised is a bad idea as it will react with cement etc.., and others recommending to just go with a fibre glass mesh, 5mm, this is obviously the cheaper option but seems to be a common approach.

Would really appreciate any advice, many thanks in advance!!!

5BE900EB-85DF-4764-A0B3-62E2D91A3C16.jpeg

8FD9B2F7-CD89-43BE-8BE4-9014F8B1061C.jpeg

2450C6BE-4594-4F27-9F82-875CE8FC3013.jpeg

Loos like you have had ivy growing. Remove all flaking paint then get a modern render that will adhere to your paint. Parex Parinter is one , Fassa K Over is another and incorporate mesh throughout and if you want it bullet proof pin the mesh back as well. Finish with a silicone render.

Loos like you have had ivy growing. Remove all flaking paint then get a modern render that will adhere to your paint. Parex Parinter is one , Fassa K Over is another and incorporate mesh throughout and if you want it bullet proof pin the mesh back as well. Finish with a silicone render.
Many thanks for the advice, would fibre glass mesh suffice in your view 4mm? Trying to avoid the cost of stainless steel.