External Insulation Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanD

Seen some 1 was running a course from the forum iv sent an email but to no response, has any 1 got any recommendations to a 3-5 day course im based South wales but willing to travel. Not exactly sure of the qualifications that learning EIR grants you or the options i have with it either :confused:

Cheers

are you a currently a renderer looking to learn ewi or plasterer, technical backgound?
some training centres will only take you if you are already a competent renderer[ i know parex follow this rule at theres].

Get on to Sto they are the best by far and courses are normally one or two depends what systems you are looking to learn Sto.co.uk and you will get some info other wise weatherbly good system but cheaper mayb cheaper course if you do the Sto you can sure as hell do them all hope this helps I have been working with both company's the last 7 years been in Ireland England and Channel Islands doing work as there quite a bit in jersey at the min

but the product[sto] is over priced and its near on impossible to be a principal contractor using there system.

I will have to pay for what ever course i find, thanks alot m8 im looking into STO right now. Owl i am a competent renderer looking to learn more modern methods :) got to head in the direction of work and i have some EWIS lined up for when im familiar with it

are you a currently a renderer looking to learn ewi or plasterer, technical backgound?
some training centres will only take you if you are already a competent renderer[ i know parex follow this rule at theres].
Ewi has more to do with skimming and dry lining techniques than rendering

im currently a dry liner looking into ewi systems would you get work just installing insulation boards or would it be worth while getting trained in the rendering side of it

Seen some 1 was running a course from the forum iv sent an email but to no response, has any 1 got any recommendations to a 3-5 day course im based South wales but willing to travel. Not exactly sure of the qualifications that learning EIR grants you or the options i have with it either :confused:

Cheers
have you rang sers they have a yard in ferderlees[ might spelt ]that wrong it next to blackwood, know few people that have done day course there give them a ring

you could get work fitting insulation only. if you want to get into rendering too its obviously part of plastering so you could start a plastering course to get you used to the trowel then you can look into training in the different rendering products

sorry mate only just read you are already on the trowel. try Geason training they might enrol you on nvq ewi and then you might need to get on site with a firm while you do your assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.