External insulation butting into stone wall

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
Quick question about external insulation on a stone faced house.

The house will be getting pumped along with external insulation however the front of the house will be getting faced in a dry stone like in pics below. If one faces the front in stone, let's the 2 corners corner stones protrude on past the same thickness of the external insulation will be on the 2 gables running into the back of the stone, is there a way to stop the insulation getting damp where it meets the back of the stone if the stone takes a good bit of weathering.

Screenshot_20191126-231301~2.png
Screenshot_20191126-231008~2.png
Screenshot_20191126-231256~2.png
Screenshot_20191126-231301~2.png
Screenshot_20191126-231008~2.png

Now that is smart :D

I have no idea though... someone will be along that can help :D

Cheers, I did that stoneworks this time last year, have another to do but trying to work out about the external insulation running into the back of it as per thread.

Last edited:
Quick question about external insulation on a stone faced house.

The house will be getting pumped along with external insulation however the front of the house will be getting faced in a dry stone like in pics below. If one faces the front in stone, let's the 2 corners corner stones protrude on past the same thickness of the external insulation will be on the 2 gables running into the back of the stone, is there a way to stop the insulation getting damp where it meets the back of the stone if the stone takes a good bit of weathering.

View attachment 42153View attachment 42154View attachment 42155View attachment 42153View attachment 42154
That's very, very well built stone, you are the man..

you will need a system stop bead which is the thickness of the insulation. plumb line it in and use compression band tape to fill the voids which will expand to the texture of the stone.

but why youd wanna change the look of that i dont know looks smart

you will need a 6mm stop bead. Don’t bother with a level, eye it up and use expanding foam to fill the voids which will expand to the texture of the stone. Cut it off and Roberts your fathers brother

I understand why youd wanna change the look of that i think it’s shite
That’s totally wrong, and not nice either

you will need a system stop bead which is the thickness of the insulation. plumb line it in and use compression band tape to fill the voids which will expand to the texture of the stone.

but why youd wanna change the look of that i dont know looks smart

What do you mean changing the look of it?