External floor Screed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUSH_9

Is it possible to use a screed mix out doors instead of concrete ??
Got lots of cross falls to put in to get the water away, Just thinking this may be easier to work with to get the angles than concrete !!! if so what ratio and what depth can i go down to ??

Cheers all

Yeah you can use screed out side as its just sand and cement with bideford sand as for mix i think the ratio is 7:1 or 5:1 cant remember, add some fibers and sbr it should go solid we always get ours readymix. The only trouble with using it on the outside is the surface is a bit smooth for external unless its being covered, we just done a patio area but it was being slabbed it had to be done in screed for the fall as it was a flat concrete roof.

ratio 5:1 try not to go below 65 mm but at a push you can get away with 50mm. will you be laying slabs? its not an ideal surface for outside if its going to get walked on a lot.

if its outside concrete is your best bet as it will last longer than screed and is easier to do

i'd use concrete..stiffish mix, make a tamp with a scaffy plank and screw some 2x2 handles on it, bring the fat up then belt it with the float flat on, then just trowel the fat up as it dries...might have to wet it down a bit as it dries if its hot, or just cover it up..stick some waterproofer in your mix too, it'll come up perfect...

Think ill stick with concrete to be fair.
some friends are having wooden stables put in, which will have protective rubber matting down, the cross falls were for the court yard leading to the gully, just thought a green screed would be easier to work me angles. Ill just stick with the concrete, besides it'll probably stand up better to the bombardment of horse piss !!  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.