External decorative cornice repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varcity

Can someone give me any advice on repairing external decorative concrete/sand cement based bandings around the windows?

I am converting a welsh chapel and having trouble repairing the bandings. They are cracked and pitted in various places and parts have come away.

We have cleaned them all down and chipped off the loose stuff and are now trying to go over them with a strong sand cement mix (3:1). Prior to applying we prime the surface with a PVA and cement mix, then go over with the sand cement at about 5 to 10mm thick. The repairs look good however this morning i have found that some have become hollow and detached from the substrate, and in one case a section has popped off. I am concerned that come the winter time when the frost is here they will eventually pop off and i will be stuck in the same position i was before.

Has anyone repaired this kind of detail before and have any hints tips to produce the best results?

Any help much appreciated.

get some of that wickes rapid setting cement and prime it with ronafix mix the cement on its own in small quants and apply like fondue

Status
Not open for further replies.