External corner (one wall bonding/one skim)

Members online

12robbo

Hi

I am after a bit of advice. Iv got a bedroom to do and they have cut and then added a small breeze block wall to create access to an en-suite. The wall is only about 1m wide but the door frame to the en-suite is only around 30mm proud of the wall so dot and dab would leave finish abit too close to the door frame.

The question I have is if I add a bonding coat to this wall and the other side of this external corner is on older plaster and therefore just needs a skim, is there angle bead that can accommodate both ie Giving you the extra 10mm you need for bonding one side but just the 2-3mm the other for skimming? Il add a pic which may explain it better than I can.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 480
Hi

I am after a bit of advice. Iv got a bedroom to do and they have cut and then added a small breeze block wall to create access to an en-suite. The wall is only about 1m wide but the door frame to the en-suite is only around 30mm proud of the wall so dot and dab would leave finish abit too close to the door frame.

The question I have is if I add a bonding coat to this wall and the other side of this external corner is on older plaster and therefore just needs a skim, is there angle bead that can accommodate both ie Giving you the extra 10mm you need for bonding one side but just the 2-3mm the other for skimming? Il add a pic which may explain it better than I can.
You are seriously saying you're selling yourself as a plasterer to people and need to ask this question? Jesus Christ.

Ps the state of that ceiling!

Hi

What area are you mate?
Someone could pop in and give you a hand! :)(y)

Thanks very much guys for the help. Sorry I should have said I am not a plasterer by trade. This is a favour for the in-laws. I did a 2 weeks course last year and Iv done a number of walls on my own property I’m renovating so a complete novice really. I just wanted some help and advice from the pro’s. We paid a plasterer of 10 years to do the ceiling as it was too much an area for me. Have we been ripped off then?

Hi

If you aren't a proper plasterer who can float to a decent standard you could even nail a lath on the upright with a 10mm overhang. Float to it then take it off.