External corner beads and plastering?

Members online

No members online now.

josel

Hi all, I have seen some plasterers using clout nails to place external corner beads against old plaster. Then seen some using a mixture of nails and screws into drywall 9.5mm. Others use bonding plaster to attach the beading.
Then most use multifinsih plaster when plastering over the beading, regardless if it is drywall or old plaster.
I know each plasterer works diffently but wanting to find out the correct way of doing it as i about to renovate a house.

Thank you in advanced.

I have no idea, im only here for the free T-shirt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It all depends on what you have to fix too and if the corner is plumb or not to start with .

Cool, fish with mayo and Bull's semen. Might give it a go.
How do I get Bulls semen then? Any volunteers?

Its good to set the beads in on reskim etc. Scrim tape down the beads add to a more solid corner. Nicer to skim up to.

I usually hold a bead on by pushing the tip of a screw in on plasterboard.

Anyways its a strange question. Surely its only of concern to your plasterer?.

If I'm doing a reskim ill spend a day beading up the whole house if possible.

Mix up a small bucket of skim and 30mm clout nails and go wild. Stick the beads on with skim and if they fall away bang a few nails in as well.

do you go to hobby craft for your supplies

I don't buy them i collect them
Drawing pins from reskim
Masking tape from painters which they don't use but looks good if they leave a roll :birra:

If I'm doing a reskim ill spend a day beading up the whole house if possible.

Mix up a small bucket of skim and 30mm clout nails and go wild. Stick the beads on with skim and if they fall away bang a few nails in as well.

If you have not tried them use hook on beads they are brilliant for re-skims I think they are much more rigid than the others, you will then spend probably no more than an hour beading up

If you have not tried them use hook on beads they are brilliant for re-skims I think they are much more rigid than the others, you will then spend probably no more than an hour beading up

Never herd of them mate, just done a quick google and watched a video on them,I can see the appeal but surly banging against the corner of the bead will bend or curl the edge? even a little ? And surly they will have some bounce on them ? No doubt a good idea but I don't know if ill trust em

Never herd of them mate, just done a quick google and watched a video on them,I can see the appeal but surly banging against the corner of the bead will bend or curl the edge? even a little ? And surly they will have some bounce on them ? No doubt a good idea but I don't know if ill trust em

Trust me they are much more rigid, no banging just a tap that's all, I only really do domestic work and starting using them about two years back, they are so easy to use I would never not use them now.

I use dry wall adhesive on naff corners, keeps the bead straight...nailed a bead to a new bit of stud work a customer had done straight thru a heating pipe that was so close to the corner, no warning whatsoever until water started soaking the board.:cachetada:

I use dry wall adhesive on naff corners, keeps the bead straight...nailed a bead to a new bit of stud work a customer had done straight thru a heating pipe that was so close to the corner, no warning whatsoever until water started soaking the board.:cachetada:

I had a very thin wall in my place and I cringed with every screw that went in....

Staples on boards or multi / dry wall addy / bonding on solid .... Must try out the hook on jobbies, always presumed they'd be pants.

I thought they were just for boards I've not tried them.

I'm another one who loves a hook on.
There mint. They stick to most stuff they only struggle with say a older sand cement wall with thin skim on as the teeth will bend but other than that, board, old skim, old mortar etc there fine.
Tbh if I'm just re skimming your not there to level the walls are you so the bead will go on how it goes on, if it's that bad you see when quoting so allow for a bit of bonding out to then make the bead go on straight again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk