External angle bead

azzza82

Hi what do spreads use to stick external upvc angle beads. plus what is a good ratio for sand&cement rendering and sbr bonding Feb mix etc thanx.

Too expensive. i did a12mth course so ill do it myself just forgot a few things.
Like the basics of how to stick and level your external beads,if your going to use sand&cement which you probably will end up asking in here what are the mix ratios your best off just using a ocr

He’s already asked the ratios lol he must not h r remembered a lot on this 12 month course
He’s already asked the ratios lol he must not h r remembered a lot on this 12 month course
It was 22yrs ago in college we didn't use ratios yet just sand and lime to mimic render if I'd stayed longer I wouldn't be asking sadly I was kicked out for fighting.

94823703-E549-4E5C-AAFD-85A8FD303881.gif

I don’t think this course covered any aspect of rendering :LOL:
Of course it did if your a qualified spread you should know level one is just a taster for materials and being able to get it on the wall I did 3 plastering bays all rendered floated up etc then did some pillars rendered them then skimmed over that blah blah. Screeding , dot&dab I can easily do it i'm a natural I'm sure one of you is gonna crack some jokes about me but you don't know me.

Who did you have a fight with?
Another student plasterer who didn't even want to be a plasterer if it wasn't for him i would of qualified. but karma got him a few years later he came off a motorbike and suffered brain damage resulting in memory problems not recognizing people etc he's still alive somewhere.

Like the basics of how to stick and level your external beads,if your going to use sand&cement which you probably will end up asking in here what are the mix ratios your best off just using a ocr
Are ocr's any good though have you ever used any there's quite a few Hanson, Weber etc there's also eco rend so don't know what to use.the walls are also spalling so I'm going to have to rake out the joints God give me strength if not I'll top myself

Another student plasterer who didn't even want to be a plasterer if it wasn't for him i would of qualified. but karma got him a few years later he came off a motorbike and suffered brain damage resulting in memory problems not recognizing people etc he's still alive somewhere.
What did you have a fight over?
Couldn’t you have enrolled at another college?

What did you have a fight over?
Couldn’t you have enrolled at another college?
He threw skim plaster at me and hit me on the head with a floor scraper handle luckily i had a hard hat on otherwise i would of had a fractured skull. he defo wasn't right in the head and he definately isn't now. as for another college i'm a Blackpool guy so the nearest would be burnley and i dont drive so i was f*cked. i did bump into my tutor years later he said i could come back but i didnt so that's it. i was thinking about going back i wouldn't have to pay due to government funding, but im 40 now is it worth it i don't know.....

Last edited:
Hi what do spreads use to stick external upvc angle beads. plus what is a good ratio for sand&cement rendering and sbr bonding Feb mix etc thanx.
Soak the bead in water overnight this creates a sticky residue then you can just hold it on for a few minutes and it will be fine. If you don’t fancy that or haven’t a big enough bath then you could always try a Hilti gun with 4 inch brads. But make sure it’s on maximum strength. As for the ratio. You should, being a novice always use a really strong 1:1 ratio. Try adding a touch of accelerator especially this time of year just in case it hangs around a little. Don’t worry about feb just use some fairy liquid it’s much the same product. In fact I’ve used feb to wash up with before. Please post the results. Just for your own peace of mind I’ve being doing this for 30 years so these methods are tried and trusted

Soak the bead in water overnight this creates a sticky residue then you can just hold it on for a few minutes and it will be fine. If you don’t fancy that or haven’t a big enough bath then you could always try a Hilti gun with 4 inch brads. But make sure it’s on maximum strength. As for the ratio. You should, being a novice always use a really strong 1:1 ratio. Try adding a touch of accelerator especially this time of year just in case it hangs around a little. Don’t worry about feb just use some fairy liquid it’s much the same product. In fact I’ve used feb to wash up with before. Please post the results. Just for your own peace of mind I’ve being doing this for 30 years so these methods are tried and trusted
Hi smoother