exterior basement render... waterproof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1

Hi, I have a customer with an old townhouse with a basement wich is below footpath level. Below the garden wall , not the house walls ,some of the exterior render is cracked and blown. I would like to re-render the lot . The surface is also painted. I was thinking a SBR/Ronafix slurry, then a 2 coat ronafix render with plenty of eml sheet over any cracks. Then i got to thinking would it be better not to waterproof (the Ronafix is waterproofer and strong adhesive) to let the render breathe.The basement exterior does not look overly damp at all , would i be doing harm trying to hold any moisture back . But then what would i use as a strong adhesive over painted walls? PVA seems a bit weak to me for exterior work while Ronafix sbr is the stickiest stuff i,ve ever used,like Sellotape v Gaffatape.
Any advice appreciated.

I had a problem with the tradesmans entrance (steady) steps, with a lot o moisture getting into the cupboareds below! I used a swimming pool tile adhesive, laid it on about 5mm thick, sponge float finish. No problem. have since used it for re facing garden wall, seems to do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.