extension paddles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
I need an extension for my mixer. Can you get just an add on piece or do I have to buy a longer paddle. Ive tried looking on Refina but cant find any. Cheers

christ almighty, I looked on that page coz Grand said Refina did em but didnt go down far enough! too much writing and my tiny brain couldnt take it in! Nice one mate, thanks for that.

Dont be ridiculous, what if Gok Wan saw me (a fashion representative) without my full diva uniform on! Id be trown out of the fashion s**t police!
Im trying out for the next series.....How to look good plastering. ;D

i just got a new paddle...
cant even remember the name of the kit but it looks like eibenstock copy, not cheap gear and its not m14, its just a hex but the mixer its designed for has a quick release stylie 'chuck?' bit like a screwdriver bit carrier but bigger...
anyway, got this reverse spiral 140mm paddle and an m14-quick release adaptor - 34quid - local builders merchants..
the gears like a sky blue colour, looks good stuff, just cant remember the name of it.... heard it before though...

anyway, waffle over - the adaptor adds another 3" to it and now its just about perfect for length...

got a new paddle on sat, its the collomix 160 one which makes the drill lift out of the
bucket and has a longer shaft on it so no more bending over. £50 tho ???

Yea, I know,drill, longer shaft, bending over, £50 ;D

thats the one i got but the 140 one... collomix.. couldnt think of the name...
guessing you got the collomix dril then?

Chris W said:
thats the one i got but the 140 one... collomix.. couldnt think of the name...
guessing you got the collomix dril then?

I aint no cheapskate, I got a Bosch GRW ;D
The Bosch paddle is about £100 and its not got the negative spline thingy. Finally wore
out the Bosch paddle and got the Collomix paddle which is much better. Asked the bloke where I
bought it wots the best plastering drill on the market and he said Bosch followed by Collomix.
Hes an old boy English repairman thats been around for decades and knows his stuff, been going
to him for years. The type that wears the old brown bib and braces etc. When the drill comes back
from servicing/new switch its always been cleaned like new, tell him not to bother but he
INSISTS on it

what are the bosch drills like for reliability theres one on gumtree local for 60 quid and my labs after one

spunky said:
what are the bosch drills like for reliability theres one on gumtree local for 60 quid and my labs after one

ive been using them for 15 years, only thing that goes on them is the switch, about £90.
The old boy that does mine has never seen one burnt out in 25 yrs

did you get the m14 adaptor with it then? or is this a new thing from collomix? they had the full display down the merchants, drill was about 450 quid.... but its only got the quick release mech on it, it wont take an m14 screw on paddle...

Chris W said:
did you get the m14 adaptor with it then? or is this a new thing from collomix? they had the full display down the merchants, drill was about 450 quid.... but its only got the quick release mech on it, it wont take an m14 screw on paddle...

im not sure, the old boy fitted it on for me. It seems to just screw in but i think pre 1999 (?)
models might be different but sure u can get an adaptor. I think the bosch is about £370
but not sue. £60is a bargain if its going tho.
Builder i work for loaned me his perles once and i wasnt impressed, very slow but it was
quite old tho

they are noisy as hell, slow to mix,awkward to hold and feel cheap and nasty.

I use a refina mega mixer which is like driving a bentley to your ford mondeo..... sorry mate

just tried googling the machine I was lookin at and I cant find it anywhere... theyre all m14...
must be a new thing from collomix...
Im impressed with the quick release thing though, just pops in and out and fits in the smallest spaces on the van because of it...
f'ck me, I sound like Ive just bought a vileda supermop from the 80's ;D

richardbrown said:
they are noisy as hell, slow to mix,awkward to hold and feel cheap and nasty.

I use a refina mega mixer which is like driving a bently to your ford mondeo..... sorry mate

theres a chance im going on my own in the next few weeks, and the first tool im buying is a megamixer. gonna get the eibenstock off ebay for £339

Status
Not open for further replies.