experience, will work for free.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euan

I have been to trade skills 4 ù and got a city and guilds in plastering.
I have done my own work and have pulled jobs off succesfully, i have also dropped a few b*ll***s.
I would like to work with someone who has been in the game for a long time to show me how they do it, everything from the correct tools to how to keep a job clean, what to do with the water at the end of the day and basicly how some one else does it , i getby but i have more to learn.
37, good worker, own van and tools and like i said will work for free but will not be taken for a ride. This will be a day by day thing as I have to take my own work first. Even labouring for some one who has been jn the game and is "time served"
Shoreham by sea based.

Go for friends and family first Euan ,doing small jobs ,to build up your confidence ,as i think that is what you lack ,you do not need a time served plasterer to tell you what to do with dirty water ,with respect and all the best for your future

I just got tiger stripes all over a large job, and I have prob lost agood construction contract due to it as well, 3500 was the next job and he gas 3 more straight after. My work is good but I need to get some tips/ tricks and I would like to watch someone else to just chack my method us still good.
Thanks for the advise though, really good.

If your pricing up for jobs pull in a plasterer to help you out and you can also learn ,but it is your job and he will be working for you ,guys on here will help you out mate

When I train someone I expect their loyalty in return. They must sign an agreement where they agree to assist me for a certain amount of time, because there are people who simply bugger off after learning skills that took years to develop. Paid training is different though.

When I train someone I expect their loyalty in return. They must sign an agreement where they agree to assist me for a certain amount of time, because there are people who simply bugger off after learning skills that took years to develop. Paid training is different though.
So you work on your own a lot

and this agreement ? how many have actually stuck to it ?

It's easy to find out whether someone is going to be loyal: you ask them a few questions and see whether they take the bait, simple as that. It's not an interrogation, but more of a test of character.

I'll leave you to figure out how many may have gone astray. As to my questions and methods, it's for you to ponder over: there are ways of receiving answers without asking.

:RpS_biggrin:

you stated you ask them to "sign an agreement", asking questions is a different matter altogther

you stated you ask them to "sign an agreement", asking questions is a different matter altogther

When a company sends someone on a training course that costs them x amount of money, the employee is expected to sign an agreement to ensure that the employee remains with the company for a specified duration. It's the same analogy.

I understand that, you obviously misunderstood my question, or avoided answering, therefore i'll take it the answer is 0

I understand that, you obviously misunderstood my question, or avoided answering, therefore i'll take it the answer is 0

You are entitled to think whatever you like. I'm not here to blow my own trumpet :RpS_biggrin:

I have been to trade skills 4 ù and got a city and guilds in plastering.
I have done my own work and have pulled jobs off succesfully, i have also dropped a few b*ll***s.
I would like to work with someone who has been in the game for a long time to show me how they do it, everything from the correct tools to how to keep a job clean, what to do with the water at the end of the day and basicly how some one else does it , i getby but i have more to learn.
37, good worker, own van and tools and like i said will work for free but will not be taken for a ride. This will be a day by day thing as I have to take my own work first. Even labouring for some one who has been jn the game and is "time served"
Shoreham by sea based.
You will work for free but will not be taken for a ride fair play that makes no sense

I think minh has left lots of imformative posts and seems clued up to the hole game like kev , and from what I've seen he helps a lot of people out !

And as for training somebody for nothing that's going to run away and be a competitor , a no wot my answa would be ! Fair enough a young lad wanting to c what the game is like , not somebody who just wants to get ur tips and tricks of the trade stufffff that !

Fare enough, I didn't see it like that, I will be sure to pay for a moreexperiencec guy when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.