Expensive

Rendering €1000 a day including vat for 3 lads labour only, is that crazy money to be charged?
no, not at all,
approx 10/12 years ago , i quoted 5,500 , inc. scaffold and all materials/skip, for a rendering job,
i got the job,
and after costs were deducted cleared 3,500 for 3 days work,
2 plasterers and 2 labourers,
i wonder if you make the same fuss when you buy a kitchen, television set, hi fi system, jacuzzi,
get it paid, once its done its done

He’ll be on next year with pics of the job does this look normal to any of you experienced guys after going cheap as f**k

He’ll be on next year with pics of the job does this look normal to any of you experienced guys after going cheap as f**
no, not at all,
approx 10/12 years ago , i quoted 5,500 , inc. scaffold and all materials/skip, for a rendering job,
i got the job,
i wonder if you make the same fuss when you buy a kitchen, television set, hi fi system, jacuzzi,
get it paid, once its done its don
no, not at all,
i got the job,
get it paid, once its done its done
I just thought was a bit steep for 2 lads plastering and 1 lad mixing, builder had everything ready for them. It was approximately 7 to 8 days in total so a nice bill.

Cheap! Bite his hand off. Work out his overheads van, fuel, insurances, tax, tools,risk, holiday pay, pension,etc etc probably looking at minimum £500 each a day to make the same as home shopper in tescos

Typical builder, I've got it all ready for plasterer/renderer and only charged you £2500 now its really easy for them!
Typical client, its only going to take 7 to 8 days!
Makes you wonder why builder and client don't do it themselves!!

Last edited:
Typical builder, I've got it all ready for plasterer/renderer and only charged you £2500 now its really easy!!
Typical client, its only going to take 7 to 8 days!
Makes you wonder why builder and client don't do it themselves!!
The job is finished and went well over quotation I’m just trying to figure out why

The job is finished and went well over quotation I’m just trying to figure out why
What were you quoted, how much over initial quote, was it a fixed quote,has renderer explained why theres a discrepancy, have you dealt with renderer directly or is it going through builder, was weather a factor? was the scaffold correct to do the job, were the correct materials supplied etc.
Without a site visit and quotation assessment at a cost of £1000 per day plus expenses youll never know!

What were you quoted, how much over initial quote, was it a fixed quote,has renderer explained why theres a discrepancy, have you dealt with renderer directly or is it going through builder, was weather a factor? was the scaffold correct to do the job, were the correct materials supplied etc.
Without a site visit and quotation assessment at a cost of £1000 per day plus expenses youll never know!
Total price 5k over, so more than 40% over,yes he said it needed a lot more plumbing than thought,everything through builder but dealt with each directly,weather wasn’t an issue,no issues with scaffolding,everything was supplied as requested, I’ll know to get a fixed quote in future