Expensive trowel

Nicm

A76D63F3-8E59-47B6-B68F-C3B21402CEF5.png
Has to be a mistake.

The older ones were class trowels.I worked with Welsh men in Germany in 1996 and they swore by them.

But please explain to me what they are offering that MT don't?

Nobody here ever ever says that a bog standard MT trowel is s**t and much dispute about whether or not flexible kit is worth having.

On the face of it, this looks like a MT with a vastly inflated price tag.

But please explain to me what they are offering that MT don't?

Nobody here ever ever says that a bog standard MT trowel is s**t and much dispute about whether or not flexible kit is worth having.

On the face of it, this looks like a MT with a vastly inflated price tag.
That price has to be a mistake.MT is as good as you will get and NELA premium good as well.

Hi vincey what’s this trowel your trying out is it beroxpert? Or something better I would like to know are you still using nella premium carbon

Save your money till 2018 mate , I’m trialing the ultimate trowel of trowels atm, can’t say much more than that atm except hold tight for the revolution
Come on mate I need to know what you got, not been any decent tools or owt on here for a while

You may well be right there,using a nice 13 by 5 mt carbon all week.
I've had 2 14 x 4.75,both dead now, and rest were all 13x5 Mt's, all stainless though, and the nela I have now for mortar work. 13x5 xtralite is cracking skimming trowel. I wish the nela was 13x5 instead of 13 x 4 3/4. I would like to get a 14x5 xtralite although ,only seen them in ps and spring steel.

I've had 2 14 x 4.75,both dead now, and rest were all 13x5 Mt's, all stainless though, and the nela I have now for mortar work. 13x5 xtralite is cracking skimming trowel. I wish the nela was 13x5 instead of 13 x 4 3/4. I would like to get a 14x5 xtralite although ,only seen them in ps and spring steel.
Only thing about the 13by 5 is the handle is bulkier,I just sandpaper it every so often.I prefer wooden handles.

Only thing about the 13by 5 is the handle is bulkier,I just sandpaper it every so often.I prefer wooden handles.
First trowel was wooden handled, and actually my current skimming trowel had a wooden handle, but I swapped it with my old rubber handled mt. And I stuck a cork handle off a bust nela super on the old one, as I'm not a fan of wooden handles. It didn't really want to fit, took a. Bit of persuasion with a hammer, but it got there. Lol its more or less. Retired now all the same, in the shed as a spare lol

First trowel was wooden handled, and actually my current skimming trowel had a wooden handle, but I swapped it with my old rubber handled mt. And I stuck a cork handle off a bust nela super on the old one, as I'm not a fan of wooden handles. It didn't really want to fit, took a. Bit of persuasion with a hammer, but it got there. Lol its more or less. Retired now all the same, in the shed as a spare lol
Those Nela trowels are solid work horses.Takes a while to break them in!.

Those Nela trowels are solid work horses.Takes a while to break them in!.
f**k they are a solid trowel. I've been using it floating/scratching/undercoat dashing from about May, and it's in good shape now, but still not just as sharp as I would like for skimming,although I have skimmed with it a few times, blade must be thicker than the Mt's. They are good trowels, once u get them broke in but it seems to take ages. It's took a fair few ton of mortar to sort than one, I'd prefer if it was 5 in stead Of 4.75 though. Not lie the wrist wasn't keen on it first few times using it but soon get the hang of it lol

hello gevo mate , long time no see hope you are ok , tbh i can't say atm

will defo post up though when i can
also got some trowels coming from the states
one is a surprise trowel , which I'm pretty excited about

Some of these random prices on eBay are so they can keep items listed without having to re list an advert. They run out of stock and put the price so high nobody will buy one and then when the stock is back in they drop to the proper price.

Nela premium is a beast of a trowel but my collection of black beauties can't be beaten. MT carbon steel extralite is as good as it gets I reckon, @Dropsalot described a s*p*r*lex as a really well worn carbon and I think he's right

Save your money till 2018 mate , I’m trialing the ultimate trowel of trowels atm, can’t say much more than that atm except hold tight for the revolution
Hi vince what's the score on these new trowels you are trying out mate