Expensive Quote?

Members online

I am after getting my newly built extesion plastered walls and ceiling board and skim. I have had 3 qoutes all different and all recommended tradesman.

The total sqm of boarding and skimming is 55 m2, this is with 10% waste added.

So x20 8x4 boards and x17 2.5m angle bead

Material cost from buildbase is £250 including board finish and drywall.

Three qoutes was £640, £1000, and £840.

I live in the north east UK just want to know what i should be paying if anyone can help me out. I am tempted with the 840 price as he was the only one who measured up properly.
All 3 quotes sound too cheap to me. Serious.

I would charge eleven.
That wouldn’t be pennies, or pounds.......
Nah,........that would be grand if I could swing it.
But more likely it would be undreds.........
Go with the best tradesman in your opinion. Trust him and trust yourself.

If your a Bricky surely you know plasterers, I have mates in all trades and several of them. I know who the best are to, so would only use the best on my house and it costs what it costs.

I bet he knows a few but can’t get through to their phones lol

So basically we have a guy who is a time served bricklayer/electrician and by his own admission is great and could have done the boarding himself. Yet he hasn't a clue whats a fair price for his lovingly hand built extension to be boarded and skimmed. The real question is how much will the poor clot who is doing the work get payed is it...
A,£640
B,£840
C,£1000

How the hell are there 17 beads going into that? Oh and in all my years I've never known anywhere to stock 2.5 beads.
17 beads on 55m.
hanvt read it all ...but people post some right unrealistic shiit on this forum.
went crabbing this weekend andy.
kids loved it.
i bought a fishing rod spent 2 hours trying out how to work it.
lost patience when the youngest esme got her finger cut on the hook.
going to an anglers to start me off (y)(y)

On the materials thing now.....
A lot of clients now are very smart and look up the price online and question why I'm more expensive so I exclaim that's fantastic and go load a load of the shitty bags into their nice clean car and haul them upstairs into the room for me.
Once they think of the time and effort and mess then they mumble how its ok and my price is fine.

I often quote labour only to the DIY merchants, saves me carrying bags in and they get to feel like a real builder down b & q

On the materials thing now.....
A lot of clients now are very smart and look up the price online and question why I'm more expensive so I exclaim that's fantastic and go load a load of the shitty bags into their nice clean car and haul them upstairs into the room for me.
Once they think of the time and effort and mess then they mumble how its ok and my price is fine.

I often quote labour only to the DIY merchants, saves me carrying bags in and they get to feel like a real builder down b & q

Well said