ex-soldier wanting to become a plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzza

Hi, Guys, I,ve recently left HM forces after an 11 year career:RpS_thumbup: and would love to have a trade as a plaster.
:RpS_laugh:Ive seen a course near my home town of Newcastle upon Tyne that does a 3 week ultimate plastering course, I,m seriously thinking of doing this and becoming self-employed, Could any plasterers out there please let me know if its worth doing, I hope so.:RpS_scared:

Thanks Lads and Lasses

Muzza

Did you not use your resettlement to do a plastering qualification?? places like gold trowel do them for resettlement. You aint gonna learn jack s**t in 3 weeks marra.. Best off labouring for a plasterer and going to college

See if you like it first!

If I had me time again I'd go for gas fitting.

It's protected unlike us and it's not flooded with coursers. Imagine if it was, we'd be blown to bits

Thanks Guys, Had some + and - feedback, Dont really have much choice but to go for it, Cos there is not a lot out there for ex forces.
Not a lot out there for anyone to be honest.
The training course is with 'UK Trade Training' anyone have any experience on them?
Thanks buddies.

Just sign on and live the dream in the boozer all day like the rest of them........:RpS_thumbsup:.. what training did you do for resettlement ???????

Go for it, its easy to pick up, and you should learn all you need in the 1st week, then spend the next 2 weeks just honing your skills,then you will be on par the rest of us.

No he means all of us warrior go for it mate not sure if the armies covering the cost if not I'm sure a grand to 2 grand would be well worth it you can earn a fortune after plus you'll be qualified and all that travel the world etc I wish I went on a 3 week course all those years learning what an idiot I am

Had a mate who worked in a factory do a 2 week intensive plastering course in Stockport a couple of years ago...he's still working in that factory!
You would be better trying to get on with some spreads labouring and take it from there.

Probably is the cheap know it all dilusioned think they can plaster but havent got a ******* clue robbing pikey bastards

Last edited:
Just sign on and live the dream in the boozer all day like the rest of them........:RpS_thumbsup:.. what training did you do for resettlement ???????
I did HGV class 1 for resettlement and had a few weeks with an agency driving up and down UK, and to be honest with you within the 1st week I knew I had made a mistake, It,s s**t, the wages are a ******* Joke, Thats why I want to set myself up on me own, I could quite easily sit on my arse all day cos since leaving the Army I,m shocked and disgusted as the way this country gives these lazy bastards the same if not more rights than people who work, if it was up to me I,d let them all live in a field and forget about them.
Come on Guys lets be honest, is plastering that bad of a trade?

I'd stick with the driving mate tbh to really learn plastering you want to be 15 live at home with mum and dad and live on 40 quid a day for a few years while you pick it up you only seriously start to earn decent money when you know what you're doing and that will be absolute minimum 3-5 years these short courses are for diyers there not a way into the trade

I'd stick with the driving mate tbh to really learn plastering you want to be 15 live at home with mum and dad and live on 40 quid a day for a few years while you pick it up you only seriously start to earn decent money when you know what you're doing and that will be absolute minimum 3-5 years these short courses are for diyers there not a way into the trade
Hi mate, Ive gathered you don,t like people who go on courses very much, I can in some way agree with you that these glossy brochure courses don,t give you the vital ingredient EXPERIENCE. but I,m a good hard grafter and always polite and well turned out, I will be very competitive with pricing and surely if I do all that as well as being punctual I should get a good reputation and I know that a good rep is vital to getting work, attention to detail is key, what you say mate, would you agree with my statement.

I'm clean and punctual, hard grafter, Polite, I was hoping to muck in with a bit of open heart surgery tomorrow at the local hospital, Whats the chances ?????

What else can a man of 40 do? how the **** will I ever get an apprentiship or an experienced teacher

That's life unfortunately you should have done it when you were young and could afford to but you didn't, you can't bend hard and fast rules of how the mind takes in information lol

That's life unfortunately you should have done it when you were young and could afford to but you didn't, you can't bend hard and fast rules of how the mind takes in information lol
are you telling me, a man with an exemplary record in one of the hardest and best regiments in the world can,t learn the art of plastering, come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.