Ewi novice

johniosaif

Private Member
i have a small Ewi job that i want to do, it's over ply, the only info I have so far is,the foreman thinks it's 100 mm insulation, it's about 9 linear metres and 2.1 high ,it's on a flat first floor roof , I've only done one Ewi job before on my own shed, it turned out alright , but I'd take great care on this one , what's the abc to fixing it to ply ,I take it that it needs fixing to the studs mechanically and not dabbed like I did on to the block work ,?
Second part is the external walls of the swimming pool needs rendering,most of its block but a third of it is insulation,so block meeting insulation at two sections, no spec on it ,just to be rendered I'm advised , again I haven't ewi'd over render yet but it must be easy enough,the main concern is to do it in a way that creates one even finish that's uniform and neat , it's only about 400mm deep and 26 linear meter , just something different to do and learn in the process . Any advice appreciated

1- yes , screw them to the studs and to the ply as well
2- fix battens to the edge, both sides of the block work, or mf angles and fix ply or render board. I would put tyvek over the ply before fixing the boards

i have a small Ewi job that i want to do, it's over ply, the only info I have so far is,the foreman thinks it's 100 mm insulation, it's about 9 linear metres and 2.1 high ,it's on a flat first floor roof , I've only done one Ewi job before on my own shed, it turned out alright , but I'd take great care on this one , what's the abc to fixing it to ply ,I take it that it needs fixing to the studs mechanically and not dabbed like I did on to the block work ,?
Second part is the external walls of the swimming pool needs rendering,most of its block but a third of it is insulation,so block meeting insulation at two sections, no spec on it ,just to be rendered I'm advised , again I haven't ewi'd over render yet but it must be easy enough,the main concern is to do it in a way that creates one even finish that's uniform and neat , it's only about 400mm deep and 26 linear meter , just something different to do and learn in the process . Any advice appreciated
what system ya using pal

Can you not put an expansion bead where the two substrate meets on the swimming pool?