EWI Installers Cornwall & Plymouth

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

22jasper

I am looking for experienced and competent gangs for 2 large projects, one currently in progress and another shortly due to start.

There will be approximately 6-12 mths work.

Anyone interested please PM me for rates or phone clyde on 07971479281

Bump!

No one out there then!!!!

Insulation fixing would suit chippy or dry liners

Looking for gangs to start hopefully within the next 3-4 wks

We've had a few calls, but nothing concrete as yet.

Seems that 'EWI' scares everyone off for some reason. We're mainly using local labour at the moment, but are possibly seeking to look further afield.

We've had a few calls, but nothing concrete as yet.

Seems that 'EWI' scares everyone off for some reason. We're mainly using local labour at the moment, but are possibly seeking to look further afield.

Obviously makes sense, but if you decide to look further afield you shouldn't have a problem

Maybe more than that if there's digs to consider, travelling costs and the extra most folk want for working away.

the rate is the rate wether your local or staying away he aint gonna pay for your digs

Haha, he'll have to if he wants to attract good men from further afield which is what this conversation is about no? Be realistic here.

Haha, he'll have to if he wants to attract good men from further afield which is what this conversation is about no? Be realistic here.

are you for real, the contractor paying for sub contractors digs? what planet are you living on.

Owls if you're lads had to work 200 miles away would you pay them the same money and tell them to sort their own digs out

Owls if you're lads had to work 200 miles away would you pay them the same money and tell them to sort their own digs out
one would off assumed that if he had tendered for a job 200 mile away he would make some sort of provision in his price for travel, lodgings etc, but if it's on your doorstep and your expecting to use local labour , then such provision would not of been made, as I assume that is the case for jasper.

enough said the jobs are in his neck of the woods and its price work and if i remember his rates were good

one would off assumed that if he had tendered for a job 200 mile away he would make some sort of provision in his price for travel, lodgings etc, but if it's on your doorstep and your expecting to use local labour , then such provision would not of been made, as I assume that is the case for jasper.
I agree supply and demand

correct,

you would have allowed provisions for this, as well as fuel in your original price.

and as said the original poster would be looking for local labour ie probably within the hour, if your coming from far away its down to you to pay your digs, as if your doing this chances are your quiet with nothing on, hence why your traveling, so its the price you pay for work. we use to sleep in van, when we worked away in summer as a subbie.

That's your choice this whole discussion came about because Paul mentioned he might have to look further afield

Off the point a bit but i remember the good times in London in the early 80s and Geordie boys were sleeping on site in the cement shed where ever or in the van and having a wash in the butt and the Scallys were always in good B&B and hopping on the train back to Scallyland for the day once a fortnight to bang on.We all had a good time not like sites nowadays.

Hi, I have an nvq2 in Ewi and solid plastering. Have 2 more spreads, semi skilled a labourer plus a team of boarders. I'm always traveling so it makes no odds where the work is providing prices are rite. I would be more than happy to discuss rates on any jobs. 07500892752 is my number if you want to contact me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.