EWI in sections?

Chris1983

Is it possible to carry out EWI projects in sections? I ask because of the lack in budget to have the entire property completed in one go, but really keen to have some of the most exposed areas done in the nearer future. For example, the external walls to the side of the house affect the living room which is very cold - could I have this wall done up to the corners at the front and back, then come back later to have the front done? Very new to this so any advice much appreciated - keen to go with EWI rather than internal insulation

Thanks
Chris

Yes. Work to corners with a small bonded return with the insulation. Then you can corner bead and finish that wall.
Agree with Zelco as well. As if you top coat 1 wall when you work to corner of another you have to be very careful with basecoat.

Personally I think your better just saving and have it all done when ready...

No contractor is going to be interested at doing bits and bobs and overall accountability of work would be sacrificed.. .

Yes. Work to corners with a small bonded return with the insulation. Then you can corner bead and finish that wall.
Agree with Zelco as well. As if you top coat 1 wall when you work to corner of another you have to be very careful with basecoat.
Can be done this way will look ridiculous make sure you base returns in and seal them from weather and three pins per board up returns to protect against wind,best option as above insulate and base top coat when affordable

trouble with being done in sections is 1... will cost more to do..being done in sections will mean a higher metreage rate,scaffold etc.

2..risk of condensation. creating 1 warm wall will push to cold walls...

3. you risk the house not looking same colour having 1 wall coloured 1 year and then a fresh wall the next..

leaving basecoat isnt advisable for.long periods as its not a final protective coat. and finally no warranty on part system..